Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No progress for a while except for the installation of the right brake booster vacuum line. I have no money right now, and need about $300 to finish the interior. If I succeed in my efforts to sell off some extra parts on Craigslist, I may be able to afford to finish it...or maybe just eat.

Well, I have posted a few of my parts in the for sale section for anyone who wanted some of the stuff I had left over. I will ship it, but I have no idea how to go about shipping a dash or something large. If you know how, please let me know.

Oh, and for all my bitching about the Calculus final I thought I failed, I passed it!

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Oh, and for all my bitching about the Calculus final I thought I failed, I passed it!

:friday: I love it when classes are over for the summer, it's the best feeling... until work starts.

hey bro...I work for Fedex and I will help you ship it at an EXTREMELY discounted price to help you out. I work at the airport here in Tampa so I'm right in your town. You gotta get some help from someone, if nothing else so you can eat...just let me know

ibanezfxer said:
hey bro...I work for Fedex and I will help you ship it at an EXTREMELY discounted price to help you out. I work at the airport here in Tampa so I'm right in your town. You gotta get some help from someone, if nothing else so you can eat...just let me know

Thanks, I appreciate it! I have been lucky lately though as the tips have picked back up the last two weeks and I have been able to get back on my feet a little. I cut out all my extraneous expenses like eating out while working, and it has helped. I also have been able to get some help with food, etc. from my family that lives about 3 miles from me, but hey that's what family is supposed to do! Now that I have a little extra coming in (not much, but every bit helps) I am doing some things to allow me to live out the summer for even less money should it get tight again in a week or two, like paying off my car insurance so I don't have to pay it again until the end of September. Anyhow, I always appreciate help from others and if you need anything let me know. I'm pretty good with cars and willing to help others who treat me right when I can.

Hahaha i may hold you to the help offer glad your doing alittle better. If you do ever need need something shiped i got ya

Great progress brougham, I just looked over the thread again. We need more pics!!!!

How'd you clean up those rear backup lights - are they stock or aftermarket?

I cleaned the lights and plastic chrome with Meguiar's Scratch X swirl mark remover. They are junkyard taillights that are far from perfect, but they are OK for a driver. As for more pics, the project is stalled right now due to life getting in the way and a lack of funds. I started working on my other car, but I then figured out that I honestly need to organize my house and such better before I can go any further. What is sad is that I only need about $300 to finish the body and interior on the Cutlass, but I simply don't have it. I also have a BIG issue with a back porch roof that is completely rotted and falling to pieces. There are sections about a foot square that have completely collapsed and now have sunlight shining through. That is my main priority right now.

I cleaned the lights and plastic chrome with Meguiar's Scratch X swirl mark remover. They are junkyard taillights that are far from perfect, but they are OK for a driver. As for more pics, the project is stalled right now due to life getting in the way and a lack of funds. I started working on my other car, but I then figured out that I honestly need to organize my house and such better before I can go any further. What is sad is that I only need about $300 to finish the body and interior on the Cutlass, but I simply don't have it. I also have a BIG issue with a back porch roof that is completely rotted and falling to pieces. There are sections about a foot square that have completely collapsed and now have sunlight shining through. That is my main priority right now.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that on mine they're full of mildew and scratched up.

How big is your back porch? I helped my dad just cut his rotten one out and seal up the roofline a few years back, a lot cheaper than fixing/making a new one.

The porch is about 16x13, and there is no saving it. Every piece of wood has rot in it and it has become a safety hazard. It's also a part of the pool enclosure, so I need to do it. I need to just bite the bullet and start fresh. I am just worried about the county and the building codes. I have heard that homeowners are now forbidden from fixing their own homes unless they are licensed contractors where I live. I can't afford to pay a contractor, so I will just have to hope no one rats me out. It's the last major project I need to tackle on the house that requires any help from others. Luckily, the materials are only about $500, so it won't be too bad if I can get someone to help me. (I am using steel roofing over a wooden frame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor