Build Thread: '87 442 . . . Time to turn and stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
See if this makes more sense? Added a few more layers back in but left out the wiring and components.

Notches in cover are for hinge relief. Subwoofer breathing hole in cover will be covered in carpet so sub can breathe but hole will be hidden. Kept the battery box enclosures there for reference.

Or not is OK too . . . hard to tell sometimes what is in someone else's brain.

Power Shelf (3).jpg

Power Shelf (2).jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Looks neat. I like the simple pin at the top to hold the panel. Hard to imagine paying ~$180 for a battery let alone 2 but I imagine they will never give you trouble.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, the only rear end parts that showed up today from QuickPerformance were the Mosers and that is because they came from Moser along with the batteries, 150A alternator, and new 1/2-20 stud bolts from Summit. The rest of the rear end stuff from Mike ain't coming until Tuesday I guess. So, that screws up taking the rear end AND wheels/tires into town Monday. Have to decide if I want to just go spin the wheels Monday and take the rear end in Wed? If I didn't live clear out in the sticks, the trip vs 2 to town wouldn't be that big of a deal.

The price of piece and quiet, 10 acres, pond, lots of trees etc. <= nice problems to have [especially the etc part
thumbsup.gif
]

:popcorn:

View attachment 64618
What type of alternator is the 150 amp? Is your pond stocked with fish? I grew up in the sticks, wish I was still there. I guess it is for the best, oil rigs going up and big tanker trucks going by isn't peace and quiet.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looks neat. I like the simple pin at the top to hold the panel. Hard to imagine paying ~$180 for a battery let alone 2 but I imagine they will never give you trouble.
We pay that for batteries up here. I paid 169.99 for a conventional 800 CCA battery with 4 year free replacement. Add 11% tax and the $20 core deposit and it is actually more than that.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Even at $69-89, I have had to pro-rate warranty return my last 3 conventional batteries within their 3 year warranty period. This should solve that and offer the aforementioned additional benefits but time will tell??

Did I just say "aforementioned"?

Sorry . . . :doh:

Last edited:

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
What type of alternator is the 150 amp? Is your pond stocked with fish? I grew up in the sticks, wish I was still there. I guess it is for the best, oil rigs going up and big tanker trucks going by isn't peace and quiet.

Powermaster alternator. My first with this brand so guess I will find out whether they are any good?

Yes, the pond is stocked. And though I love to fish, I am ashamed to admit how many times I have fished in my own pond in the three years we've been here. Sad, but the health quirks being what they are, when I feel good enough to even fish, there is plenty of actual work to be done.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The reservoir a mile from our house is our playground, wicked good fishing for us, my wife especially. What species do you have stocked? For the alternator, what series is it? 10 or 12si or CS series?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
It is the 12si.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWM-67297

OK, not from experience of what all I've actually caught [yet] but channel cat, bass, crappie, and one huge carp that is almost tame. It comes up in the shallows to waller and will just sit there and look at you. You get too close it will move over a couple of feet but doesn't seem remotely scared. Thing is about 30" long ~ probably 20-25 lbs easy. And there is at least one huge bass based on dorsal to tail fin distance ~ probably a good 2 footer. Appeared to maybe be spawning in the shallows of one of the two draws that feed the 2 1/2 acre pond.

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Spent the night out in the shop getting my 72" Hustler serviced and a couple hours in on the 442.

One step forward and two back . . . it is just pretty difficult making progress that way.

So, the 150A alternator is on. Sorry no pics as that would show my "not ready for web presentation" motor. Trust me, it's beyond filthy!

I love these little batteries. 442 cap is for size reference. Unfortunately they sent the wrong freakin battery holder cases so they will have to go back which will delay building the power shelf.

frusty.gif

IMG_0750.JPG

Last edited:

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Ah, made a phonecall to JD and they "educated" me on how to just cut down those trapezoid shaped flanges, make an overlay of the bolt flange pattern Wilwood requires, and drill away . . . So, guess what I'll be doing tonight?

Duh . . . Long night:blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor