Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Can you even swap either in California?

As far as I'm aware, the rules in CA are that the engine that's swapped in needs to be the same model year or newer than the car itself, and all emissions equipment (i.e. cats, EGR, etc.) on the transplant engine need to stay intact. Also, no truck engines (over 8,500 GVW) into cars. So I'd have to run cats, but that's fine. I once rode in a friend's '06 GTO with the cats removed, and nearly passed out from the fumes! :puke:

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got it.
Carry on. A build thread is mandatory once you get it home.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Ford Ecoboost and GM's 3.6 both have/had timing chain issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
2 Notes

There are WAY more emissions issues than cats and EGR...like fuel tank pressure sensors for a start

Ecoboost engines have their share of problems, especially head and timing chain issues

Not brand bashing, wife drives a Flex with the NA 3.5. Not real happy about the shitty suspension bushings or plastic heater hose tees, but that's not engine related.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Again, forgive me if this is a n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Has anyone done a roll-down rear window conversion on 4-door G-bodies? I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than it seems at first glance, but it seems that with the rear vent windows, there should be enough clearance to let them roll down at least partially.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just do an LFX with a turbo. Easy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor