Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The block is pretty much the same other than the turbo oil holes. It is not uncommon for the turbo Buick guys to replace blown turbo blocks with cheaper n/a blocks and drill and tap oil holes.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I think Cali frowns on non OEM swaps because its more difficult to determine if its legal, ie putting a Ford motor into a GM car.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
UNGN...Ugh. Tell me about it. California’s rules are ridiculously strict. I went to college out-of-state and have family that live outside the state, but much of my family and all of my wife’s family is out here. I would be open to moving, but don’t know when that might happen.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
These are the literal rules from the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR). https://www.bar.ca.gov/Industry/Engine_Change_Guidelines.html

I don’t see anywhere in these rules where it prohibits or discourages swaps between brands or makes. Theoretically it seems like it would be easier to stay within the GM family, but when you’re potentially talking 30+ years difference between the engine and vehicle, I don’t know how much of an advantage it really is.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Yeah, I realize it won't go all the way down, which I'm fine with. Even if it opened halfway, I'd be willing to do it. By the looks of things, it looks like the rear glass in the Aero models is completely fixed. Mine has the power vent windows, which are better than nothing, I suppose.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hi all. I'm wondering if any of you have any idea if there are any companies that manufacture replacement foam dash pads for G-bodies, in my case, the '78-'87 Century/Regal specifically. The closest thing I've found is a hard plastic overlay from Classic Industries.

Unless you know otherwise, it seems like when the original/NOS foam pieces are gone, they're gone. Thankfully, the one I have is in pretty good shape, but I feel bad for those that aren't.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Other than finding a good original dash, your only other options are, like you said, a dashcap, or sending your dash out to Just Dashes to be re-skinned. Re-skinning your dash is going to be pricey. I just want to give you a heads-up. http://www.justdashes.com/

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Gonna be a lot of work for 3" of travel. Glass extends forward of inner door shell structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor