cam suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2007
Greenville SC
I have a 86 SS that I like to drag on the weekends.I would like to get some other opinons on what cam to use .The set up I have now is a 350 60 over SRP 13:1 pistons,Eagle 4340 crank,Eagle H beams,Dart Pro 1 heads that have been ported 2.08 1.60 valves,Victor intake,750 dp carb,MSD igniton,Super comp headers,3500 stall,4:56 gear,and the cam is a lunati solid roller with .528 .528 lift 248 248 dur. 112 lobe sep.I'm also running 1.6 harland sharp rockers.The car has ran 7.05 @ 98.7 with a 1.60 60 ft That was with a 4:10 gear.I want to get it in the sixes and still drive it on the street.It is very streetable now if I could afford the fuel.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would call up Comp Cams and tell them your combo so they could make a proper recommendation for your needs. With that much compression, you can get away with tight lobe centers and bleed off a little cylinder pressure to make it run OK on premium fuel if you have efficient combustion chambers. However, this is way out of my area of expertise as I build cars that see probably 97% street and 3% strip duty-not race cars.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you should take that question to the cam manufacturers as there are alot of different factors (and opinions) in cam selection.
i'm not snubbing you, it's just a question that needs a professional answer.

Dec 6, 2007
Greenville SC
Oh I have

megaladon6 said:
you should take that question to the cam manufacturers as there are alot of different factors (and opinions) in cam selection.
i'm not snubbing you, it's just a question that needs a professional answer.
Oh I have spoke with sevaral companies and they all have differant opinions.I got it widdled down to 3 or 4 cams really just wanted to see if anyone would pick a cam that I have in mind.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
shweeeeeet!! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor