Car lifted higher in front now that I put all new suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Put the front wheels on up on ramps, jackstands under the rear to level it out, loosen all the control arm bolts, get 3 of your fattest friends to bounce the front of the car, hold it down for a bit, and see what it looks like then.

Reactions: 1 user

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
How many miles do you have on it since? When I put the new springs in the front of my car it sat very high until I drove it. Even with the all iron big block and 2" drop spindles the front end was way up there. I drove it around and it settled.
Like only 5 miles... transmission went out on me..and I need to get it alignment..but it's at aamco transmission getting transmission rebuild..then I'm going across the street to do my alignment..then I should be able to drive it more..before it goes to paint shop

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
There is absolutely something wrong in the front end for it to be sitting that high with the same coil springs. Take the lower ball joints out of the spindle, might end up having to remove the spring again, the lower control arm should move with maybe 10 lbs of force or less. If it doesn't, the tabs that the bolts go thru to secure it to the frame.are probably pinching it and causing it not to move. There is a torque spec to tighten them to...

Reactions: 1 users

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
There is absolutely something wrong in the front end for it to be sitting that high with the same coil springs. Take the lower ball joints out of the spindle, might end up having to remove the spring again, the lower control arm should move with maybe 10 lbs of force or less. If it doesn't, the tabs that the bolts go thru to secure it to the frame.are probably pinching it and causing it not to move. There is a torque spec to tighten them to...
I think you are right..because even when I loosen bolts the arms are still stiff as hell..I'm going to try that next thanks

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I could be wrong, but I'm not familiar with a truck LCA that is interchangeable on a G-body. Why not buy G-body LCA's? They are available.

Looking at your photo in post 30 it looks like you're a bit away from getting full thread on the lower ball joint nut. If that's the case, then there's your sign (at least to me).

p.s. - I like the 3 fat friends bouncing on the front end recommendation. That would be entertaining no matter of the end result. :):) Maybe grab a vid!

• Haha

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
I could be wrong, but I'm not familiar with a truck LCA that is interchangeable on a G-body. Why not buy G-body LCA's? They are available.

Looking at your photo in post 30 it looks like you're a bit away from getting full thread on the lower ball joint nut. If that's the case, then there's your sign (at least to me).

p.s. - I like the 3 fat friends bouncing on the front end recommendation. That would be entertaining no matter of the end result. :):) Maybe grab a vid!
The arms for the gbody like $300 more and their the same as the blazer and s-10...just bigger LCA bushing..but I went with the bigger bolt for the s-10 LCA..and just drilled a little bigger in frame to the LCA and worked perfectly

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I think its the truck arms, the geometry is probably different from G body arms.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
Naw I
I think its the truck arms, the geometry is probably different from G body arms.
Naw I don't think that I think that the control arms weren't installed right with the preload I think streetbu is right..it needs to be loosen up and reinstalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor