Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Hi i don't know much but my Monte had a similar issues, where i crank it over and just clicks and i had to try it a couple times, before it turned over all the way.My starter didn't move like yours so a friend of mine came over who knows a lot about Chevy motors and found that my timing was off so he adjusted the timing and it didn't do it again maybe yours is doing the same.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
85montanezSS said:
Hi i don't know much but my Monte had a similar issues, where i crank it over and just clicks and i had to try it a couple times, before it turned over all the way.My starter didn't move like yours so a friend of mine came over who knows a lot about Chevy motors and found that my timing was off so he adjusted the timing and it didn't do it again maybe yours is doing the same.

I thought so to, so I did the timing and put a shim in it to make sure, and now it doesn't do it anymore.
thanks for the info though, cause I know my timing was way off.
So it could have been a factor so i just took them both into consideration and fixed both.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
David Williamson said:
85montanezSS said:

I thought so to, so I did the timing and put a shim in it to make sure, and now it doesn't do it anymore.
So it could have been a factor so i just took them both into consideration and fixed both.

Ok cool I'm glad that you fixed that problem.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
85montanezSS said:
David Williamson said:
85montanezSS said:

Ok cool I'm glad that you fixed that problem.

Oh so am I, it was getting bad.
So I knew I had to do something and I cam here and they told me exactly what to do and how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor