Status
Not open for further replies.

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
David Williamson said:
Bonnewagon said:
Yes, don't get in too deep.

I wont o f course haha, but Thanks for at least getting me started on how to do it.

A camera is your best friend when doing anything new to you, it was for me when I had to tighten up my steering column wobble, had to take apart the whole column to get to those 3 damn screws :evil: Well anyways taking lots of step by step pic's really help, just a thought.

wade

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
A camera is your best friend when doing anything new to you, it was for me when I had to tighten up my steering column wobble, had to take apart the whole column to get to those 3 damn screws :evil: Well anyways taking lots of step by step pic's really help, just a thought.

wade

That's what i was thinking, Someone on here actually told me about that.
Tape everything you do taking it off, so you just follow what you did taking it of putting it back on.
I actually might do that when I get a little more info on how to at first.

Thanks alot for reminding me on it.
So when I do it I can have a little more knowledge on it putting it back, in case I forget something.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Bonnewagon said:
Why don't you have one of these? http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/site/5 ... DS-CHASSIS The information is priceless and then you can pretend to be a know-it-all like me! Do a search, lots of manuals for sale.

haha sounds like a good idea, But you all do know most things and that's good enough.
I don't even cars about knowing everything, it would be awesome to even know somethings.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
We all started somewhere. A lot of us didn't have the internet when we first started working on cars. I am not old but when I first started messing with cars all I had were the manuals. No internet at my house, just at school. I could occasionally print stuff off. The manuals help and sometimes you just gotta be thrown in the fire and left on your own or ya won't learn how to learn about cars. If that makes any sense to ya.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there's a big difference between the internet and a manual, everything in the manual is correct....the internet is alot of times not so correct and if you don't know any better or have nothing double check the info it might cost you time and money

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
We all started somewhere. A lot of us didn't have the internet when we first started working on cars. I am not old but when I first started messing with cars all I had were the manuals. No internet at my house, just at school. I could occasionally print stuff off. The manuals help and sometimes you just gotta be thrown in the fire and left on your own or ya won't learn how to learn about cars. If that makes any sense to ya.

Makes perfect sense, You'll never learn until you jump right in and try yourself.
That's awesome to hear gives me inspiration.
Thank you.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
there's a big difference between the internet and a manual, everything in the manual is correct....the internet is alot of times not so correct and if you don't know any better or have nothing double check the info it might cost you time and money

That's what my wife says as well, the internet is full of people who say one thing but could be wrong and then someone else might say another.
Its hard to choose what to do because your getting two different ways to do this one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor