Carburetor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMetro215

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
I got a 84 cutlass supreme with a dual jet 210 17059152 in it an I can't find one is there an other carburetor that I can use besides that number

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got a 84 cutlass supreme with a dual jet 210 17059152 in it an I can't find one is there an other carburetor that I can use besides that number
Quadrajet power, everyday performance, SMI, etc should all be able to locate a carb for you and have it be rebuilt to new. What's wrong with yours? Is your car a V6? Computer controlled?

MrMetro215

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Quadrajet power, everyday performance, SMI, etc should all be able to locate a carb for you and have it be rebuilt to new. What's wrong with yours? Is your car a V6? Computer controlled?
It's a V6 an it's not computer controlled
It's not getting gas like it should

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It's a V6 an it's not computer controlled

It's not getting gas like it should
What's it doing? not keeping gas in the bowl? Gas isn't reaching the bowl? Could be a bad fuel pump, clog in a fuel line, leaky fuel line, etc.
If it's getting two good streams of fuel (looking down the carb), then the accelerator pump is good and there is fuel in the bowl.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
And try to stick to ONE thread, please. Don't clutter up the feed with 30 threads asking the same question.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrMetro215

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
What's it doing? not keeping gas in the bowl? Gas isn't reaching the bowl? Could be a bad fuel pump, clog in a fuel line, leaky fuel line, etc.
If it's getting two good streams of fuel (looking down the carb), then the accelerator pump is good and there is fuel in the bowl.
It struggles going up hills an sometimes cuts off

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It struggles going up hills an sometimes cuts off
float level could be too high/low, fuel pump could be bad, clogged filter in the carb, etc.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
If your car is a US, then it is computer contrilled unless somebody messed with it which is all too common. Canada base cars are not computer controlled.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If your car is a US, then it is computer contrilled unless somebody messed with it which is all too common. Canada base cars are not computer controlled.
Not only base cars, nearly all G bodies till 86. The Hurst/Olds and 442 are exceptions plus no doubt a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor