D0OF-9510-A.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The one I have isn’t and neither was one one on my friends pickup I did a little stalking on some mopar websites and it seems 1984 -1987/88 ish just before they went to tbi they used qjets but there is mixed speculation as to why also there’s chatter about police packages on cars that had them also,so this may be a new source for carbs that’s untapped tomorrow after work I’ll go through my mid 80’s manuals and see if I can find how there set up and I’ll look into if any feed back ones are out there as well
same here.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The one I have isn’t and neither was one one on my friends pickup I did a little stalking on some mopar websites and it seems 1984 -1987/88 ish just before they went to tbi they used qjets but there is mixed speculation as to why also there’s chatter about police packages on cars that had them also,so this may be a new source for carbs that’s untapped tomorrow after work I’ll go through my mid 80’s manuals and see if I can find how there set up and I’ll look into if any feed back ones are out there as well
You are right. I believe the Police cars may have been feedback models.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
terrible antiquated design that was terrible in the 50s and terrible now. prone to vapor lock/fuel boil, hates sudden movement (autocross, rock crawling, drag racing), square bore so you need an adapter to use on most stock american intake manifolds from about the mid 1960s on up to the late 80s, etc. I'll give it some points though. They usually work out of the box. Not well, but it will work. Changing jets and rods is easy (same principal as a qjet, just more stuff to unhook), etc. There is a reason edelbrock was making qjets. But no one bought them, so they stopped. idk about flemming, but every car I've ever seen/rode in/worked on that ran like sh*t had an edelbrock on it. #2 would be an E4ME with the computer missing or unplugged.
How is that 454 coming? :owned:💣

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
why??.....wouldn't you be better off to save the money you'd spend on that engine and use that money towards a pickup truck that is already running?
Nothing says I can't put that 454 in a future truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor