Check engine light

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
Lloydminster Alberta/Saskatchewan
I just did a complete dash swap on my 85 Cutlass including the granny cluster to ralleye pack gauge conversion. I haven't gotten the oil and temp sending units yet, but now I have a check engine light. This a not a computer controlled carb. Would the check engine light come on because the gauge is actually reading no oil pressure or did I mess up on the conversion?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Is the computer still plugged in?

colucc

n00b
Feb 24, 2009
Albany NY
bad draw

83 montecarlo every 3 days i have charge my battery , my alt is charging
13.5 to14.6 i have auto gauges . my volt gauge drops when i put the brake on and when i put my directional on either way the volt meter
moves with it . and when i turn the car off after 5 min go back to start it
it starts hard.

bordercutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
Lloydminster Alberta/Saskatchewan
Its a Canadian Cutlass with a chebby 305 and no computer whatsoever. The car it came from was my 82 with the 267 and also did not have a computer. I think I'll just take out the bulb, and problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor