Check out this El Camaro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
So I have been travelling around Central Texas this last week on my quest to find as many BBB 455's as I can, LOL. I have (3) in my possession as of now. I was in Waco, TX on my way to this guys house, and passed this... I had to turn around and go back... I have never seen an El Camaro. Have you??

So I saw this first..
IMG_0257.JPG

And then as I passed..
IMG_0254 (1).JPG

So I was like... wait a minute... that's a Camaro bumper, and Tail lights.. turn around, James I got to stop and check that out!
So as I'm walking up, I noticed the s10 door handles.. hhmmm.

IMG_0255.JPG

Then, the money shot. El Camaro!! WTF...

IMG_0256.JPG

The car was stock style G Body on the inside ( worn ) and needed $5K to get it looking right ( by my standards ), but Daddy Like!!

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So either this guy saw the Overhaulin show and tried to copy it or we know where Chip Foose got his inspiration from

Last edited:
  • Agree

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I think this guy saw Overhaulin' and copied it. Honestly, this guy did a pretty good job... it just needs to be finished out. Obviously, I have not seen this episode of Overhaulin' .. leave it up to you guys.. should have known, LOL!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
:puke:Want a Camaro, buy a Camaro, please don't destroy a Camino to do it.....but that's just me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
:puke:Want a Camaro, buy a Camaro, please don't destroy a Camino to do it.....but that's just me.

Depends on how much of a POS the Elco was in the first place, IMHO. If you’re cutting up a pristine survivor, then I agree. If it’s a crusty, rusty heap, then go for it.

• Agree

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
At least this title wasn't about mine though it has been. Likely did copy from show, but when it comes to custom work, who knows who really did what first. Many people can have the same ideas. Custom work may draw out many haters, but without it, it wouldn't get much attention.
On to the craftsmanship though the fit up front looks ok , though it looks like it'll need some thick body filler in spots. Don't see the center body trim ever looking proper where it meets the front & rear bumper, think it needs deletion. Another thing many people don't seem to get when customizing an el camino with other model parts is that the rear modification doesn't have to match the front. To me add on tail lights just don't look right in a tailgate, which is why my weird self finally went to a whole different rear altogether, which will be turned into a tailgate.

Jamcar, if you've never seen an el camaro, here's a rude awakening. Also please don't use the term wtf on someone elses ride, I own that one now. Skip ahead to 2:06

Also see my older video & flicker link. Still under construction as usual. I'm on my 3rd custom front & 3rd custom rear, now turning into widebody & shaving more stuff to blend things in.

Last edited:

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
OK, so you were worried about the thread title being about your car.... then you critique the craftsmanship of this El Camaro, then then you tell me what I can't say..but you WANT to own the term?? I think you're a little conflicted ( not only your verbage, but your build ). All I heard when your car drove by in the video.. was laughter. Then a guy is plainly heard saying " I don't know what the hell this guy was thinking?" I'll skip your other videos. And as far as front mods not matching the rear?? That makes for completely unbalanced modifications, which is why your on your 3rd front end design, and your 3rd rear end design. The overhang on the rear of your car... wtf ! I'll try to straighten up, and end this on a positive note. TO EACH THEIR OWN .

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Actually I was just making the point that there are other weird wtf el camaro's out there ( mine being among the wierdiest that get's the worst comments) & just trying to be funny. Not actually trying to tell anyone what to do or trying to offend anyone & I'm not worried about what anyone thinks.
Sorry if I came off as offensive.
WE good?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I took it as a joke also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor