Colorado Emissions Cam Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ctls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
I posted this on the Camaro site, but apparently there is no one there that has to pass the Colorado test.

Ok. I now know what I have to "Visually" have to pass the test here in CO.

So, a question to the Denver metro guys who have to have the idle/2500/idle test done and have passed without de-tuning the car to death.

Engine size 383 or 400. Car Year 1976 to 1981

What are you running in you car as far as head cam and compression go?

Now this crate ZZ4 is suppose to pass. It has a 208° intake / 221° exhaust cam. Speedpro says 214/224 112 lobe

Anyone run anything bigger that passed?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
wish I could help but I had hell trying to passing my target master 350 with the stock cam and a edelbrock 1405 carb.... :? and they lowered the NOX output limits.. I decided to do ls1 swap instead..

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Target masters are the really cheap and poorly setup SBCs, a 96/02 truck Vortec crate motor would be a good swap, much cleaner burning heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor