Convert to Manual Choke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021

I NEED a 1901 Edelbrock AVS2 Series for my 305 but they are all back ordered until October...🤦🏾‍♂...1901 is the electric choke 500cfm carburetor...

There is a 1902 AVS2 500cfm, but it's a manual choke and I don't have a manual choke setup in my '84 Monte Carlo...and AVS2 series carburetors can't swap from manual choke to electric choke.

How challenging is changing my choke setup in my car to a manual choke setup ?

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
1648140783316.png

Here is your answer,
Step 1) drill a hole however big you need where ever you want inside your car that this cable will reach to.
Step 2) Mount said cable in hole and to carb

I vote the mod shuts down this thread as it has now been solved.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You literally come on every thread of mine to sh*t on it... I'm convinced.
Read back through time young grasshopper. Then again, you were 'convinced' the AVS series is a quadrajet among many other times being wrong as well.
You're worse than DRIVEN... at least with his smart *ss comments he actually said helpful things on topic...
again, read what you want. But it is twice as important to correct misinformation and false statements in threads as anything else because there are many members who actually use the search function.
and never stereotyped me as far as race...
Again, I guess that's your opinion, and there's a saying about those....
Actually I could care less what it is....Edelbrock called it a Qjet...💁🏾‍♂🤷🏾‍♂
Actually.... from what I see they don't. See pagrunt showing edelbrokes website. Something about guys buying parts misrepresented that use a GM spreadbore intake that's not dual pattern compatible and having parts not work.

Some reseller put it into keywords for searching. But semantics, doesn't matter as edelbroke is not Rochester Products Division and never will be.
But regardless of it's name, its an AVS2 500cfm...and I NEED it for my personal preference...
Then wait for the backorder. The simple reason edelbroke doesn't make a conversion kit is likely because they cast the bodies without all the holes drilled and tapped. That, and they prefer to sell another carb rather than allow people to retrofit, just another reason among many not to support the company.
See how you guys go off topic about bullshit ?
Don't like it, don't read it.
What does any of this have to do with converting to a manual choke ?
It's about correcting misinformation spouted by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and doesn't do their own research..... Just takes internet errors at face value and spreads around lies.
Now watch you trow "a tizzy fit"... Narcissist.
It would appear that, much like fact checking and verifying what a part actually I'd and if it works before buying instead of blindly taking a sellers word, a dictionary would also be a useful purchase.

Reactions: 3 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
View attachment 194995

Here is your answer,
Step 1) drill a hole however big you need where ever you want inside your car that this cable will reach to.
Step 2) Mount said cable in hole and to carb

I vote the mod shuts down this thread as it has now been solved.
Ahhhhh appreaciate the advice but let's not jump to conclusions just yet...

I don't have everything and won't until this weekend possibly, and I may run into a problem during the job that I may need clarity for...

For instance, right now I see guys talking about not coiling the cable and maybe even cutting it to spec...this cable is 6' and I'm sure from my dash to carburetor isnt near 6'...

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Your direct question of this post was and I quote:

"How challenging is changing my choke setup in my car to a manual choke setup ?"

Answer has now been provided. Thread is now complete. Why don't you tackle this one on your own and post up a "how to" so you can teach others of how you completed this job. I'm sure your local community college offers auto shop classes, might be a great way for you to learn some more about auto repair.

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
So you can have the choice to wait for the electric one to be ready, and use your current carb or you can spend unnecessary time installing choke cables, and take more time to getting this vehicle on the road.

I just don’t see the point of hindering the build process here, I’m guessing you don’t need this vehicle to get back and forth from work?

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
And I may run into a problem during the job that I may need clarity for....
Then why over complicate the setup here? Remember not everything has to be upgraded at once haha.

Throw on the old carb and drive it. Wait for the electric Edelbrock to be available.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Then why over complicate the setup here? Remember not everything has to be upgraded at once haha.

Throw on the old carb and drive it. Wait for the electric Edelbrock to be available.
I don't have the old carburetor...dead horse.

Stay on topic ... How do you convert the choke again ?

Where and how should I run this choke cable ?

...you know, things of that nature..."on topic"..

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Why are you being such a dick to the few people that are still willing to help you? g0thiac has repeatedly defended your stupid questions. Maybe try a more grateful tone.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor