Convert to Manual Choke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021

I NEED a 1901 Edelbrock AVS2 Series for my 305 but they are all back ordered until October...🤦🏾‍♂...1901 is the electric choke 500cfm carburetor...

There is a 1902 AVS2 500cfm, but it's a manual choke and I don't have a manual choke setup in my '84 Monte Carlo...and AVS2 series carburetors can't swap from manual choke to electric choke.

How challenging is changing my choke setup in my car to a manual choke setup ?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hot damn, I didn't even know these guys existed! Thanks.
You're welcome. **for now** they haven't raised their prices the way the new parts warehouses have. It used to be their options cost a premium over aftermarket, but, these days not so much. It's going to be interesting to see if and how that holds up

Reactions: 1 user

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
You're welcome. **for now** they haven't raised their prices the way the new parts warehouses have. It used to be their options cost a premium over aftermarket, but, these days not so much. It's going to be interesting to see if and how that holds up
Well, from crawling their site, seems you can send them a carb, which I have access to barrels of thanks to my dad, and have them build it. I also have the one I just pulled off of my car, which I may just send in anyways, to have it built and spec'd for my engine and keep it on the shelf. But we're side-tracking the thread... Thanks again.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Hot damn, I didn't even know these guys existed! Thanks.

There are also Cliffs Performance and Sean Murphy Induction. Cliff also sells custom rebuild kits for Qjets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor