MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

I now do what other people only dream. I make art until someone dies. See? I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.

Northernregal, the frame!

View attachment 169482

[@Rktpwrd screams and backs away]

Well, I'm no Picasso, but do you like it?
ill allow it GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Ya know - you said it. Fortunately it will be hidden lol.

Looks ‘grinder time’ 😝

Looks really good from the side though. You’re going to be challenging Mclellan for the lowest G
Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Tubbin' ain't easy...

Seriously.

This whole concept had been floating around in my head for years. Bringing it to fruition has been one hell of a hurdle. Fortunately I am not gun-shy, so cutting things out isn't a problem. But, there was definitely anticipation of something tragic occuring when I cut out the stock rails. Nope, maybe 1/16" of shift at the back (on both sides) when the tension was released - which isn't bad considering the extent of the carnage.

I'll be happy to put the sheet metal back in over the coming weeks.

It's been a wild ride thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sooooo... funny thing about doing unusual things. Sometimes you hit a bump in the road on your travels and need to adjust accordingly.

Long story short. When I cut away the frame rails I discovered two 1/2-1" protrusions into the wheel well area (see green). These were the reliefs for the LCAs. This is roughly where the sidewalls will be. So despite making everything 2 inches narrower, I only gained half of that right here.

EasyPhotoEditor_03032021_184516.jpg

I now have to make another box section and move this all inboard another inch (see green), and cut out the existing work (see red).

EasyPhotoEditor_03032021_184729.jpg

This is not a huge deal as I still have the templates. I just have to clean off all the paint I laid down before welding it in. FFS.

As an added bonus this will likely encroach on the real estate of the stock LCAs. An expense for sure replacing them with the adjustable LCAs I want from UMI. But, it would seem that UMI may have these backordered until June.

Why?

Because: F*ck you. That's why.

Signed, COVID

The universe is a funny thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And you thought you'd get a jump on spring, didn't you? But NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo. Covid says NO SOUP FOR YOU!

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
sees GIF

If ultra custom fabricobbling was easy, all the kids would do it.

Turns out welding overhead is hard, and they have fancy tests for it... for the professionals. Definitely need to up my game regardless. Ain't quitin', just havin' a shitzall.

Bonus Letterkenny for the Bald Eagle Brigade:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor