MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
315-390? Damn. That's a lot of rubber. Looking forward to seeing a view from down low behind the car looking at tires that wide stuffed underneath it. It's going to look mean!

After taking my oldest to skating and cleaning up the garage. Milestones achieved means tidy up.

I got to working on building the template for the outer wheel tub. There is lots of maths involved... thank God I have a background in enginerding and design.

Fun with integers.

PXL_20210320_171713693.jpg

Lay it in along the cut line (an even 2 inches along the seam).

PXL_20210320_181945768.jpg

I measured from the farthest edge of the 3/4" wide tape to the inner side of the quarter panel. Transferred the measurement to the cardboard.

Plot... dot... plot... dot... plot.. dot...

PXL_20210320_182009807.jpg

Connect the dots.

PXL_20210320_182617852.jpg

Cut out and test fit. Tada!

PXL_20210320_183704699.jpg

Now to make two out of metal. And massage them to fit. Toss on some bird sh*te welds and call it done.

I know you are all into the cutting and welding stuff and maybe I missed something.... why didn't you just roll the fenders?
For some reason I haven't seen this thread in ages. I will never understand why...

Why didn't you just roll the fenders?

The net result isn't the same with respect to the amount of space gained when tucking a tire. There is a pic a few pages of sh*t posting back that shows how dramatically the outer tub tapers. It is really counter productive to my goals to leave it in there with just rolled lips.

Also, one of those lips is pretty much MIA. So it was getting cut out anyway. LOL.

CAD. That's high tech stuff.

If I had one of those laser scanner/plotter dealies I'd have used that. Unfortunately all I have are my farts and craps skills.

Total Divas GIF by E!

Reactions: RabbitHoleSS
I made a thing. The plasma cutter has been a God send with project.

PXL_20210321_013810723.jpg

That's a 20 gauge shim. She's pretty tight.

PXL_20210321_015001953.jpg

My only challenge now is how do I affix this to the quarter panel? Weld it? Glue it? Fiberglass it? Some? All?

But, I have to choose something because it goes...

gong GIF

I made a thing. The plasma cutter has been a God send with project.

View attachment 170913

That's a 20 gauge shim. She's pretty tight.View attachment 170914

My only challenge now is how do I affix this to the quarter panel? Weld it? Glue it? Fiberglass it? Some? All?
weldin's out,you'll distort the life out of it and it'll look super bad.in a bad way.fiberglass and steel?don't get me started..seam sealer/panel bond if you also like to live dangerously..prep's key fyi with the panel bond/seam sealer.
live dangerously austin powers GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor