Core Support Bushing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Can someone tell me why I have to shim my core support upwards about 1" to get everything to line up?

New body bushings. New core support bushings.

Idc one way or the other I just want to know why.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Can someone tell me why I have to shim my core support upwards about 1" to get everything to line up?

2 hockey pucks work perfect.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
how many shims were there when you took it apart and have you kinda got the new core bushings in correctly... :popcorn:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Where did the core support bushings come from?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Bushings are stacked as follows

Frame
Large bushing
Core support
Small bushing

Bushings are from mikes

There were no shims or anything of the sort beforehand with the old bushings.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Core support was too low? or too high from the frame? Where is the frame supported? When I did my body bushings (with drivetrain still in), the front frame section would droop quite a bit if not supported ahead of the engine

• Useful

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Core support was too low? or too high from the frame? Where is the frame supported? When I did my body bushings (with drivetrain still in), the front frame section would droop quite a bit if not supported ahead of the engine
I’m just here to say the same thing. If the front end is off the ground it likely is making a gap for you. Put the wheels or weight on the front suspension to get it to ride height to get the proper gap. Lots of sag in the frame with front end weight.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Car is on the ground on wheels. Has been for a month or so. Door gaps are the same. Body is firmly bolted down.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
are you sure there was no shims when you took out the core bushings...this is kinda the way it came from factory on a Monte Carlo.... :popcorn:

1604081609296.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor