Crank no start, no spark

DarrinWI

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I swapped a 2000 5.3 DBC with Red/Blue connector ecm last year and it ran great. This year I charged the ac and on the first hot day set off the pressure relief valve on the R4 compressor. That’s when I realized that the fans were not coming on with the ac.

I wired the factory low pressure switch in series with a high pressure switch on the compressor. The output goes to the compressor and to C2 pin 17 for ac request. I grounded C2 pin 55 to close the ac circuit.

I rewired the fans using 3 relays as per Ugly Truck Experience so that they both come on low with fan 1 trigger and both on high with fan 2 trigger. I figured this would provide an even draw across the radiator.

The test drive went well, but I noticed that only the 2nd fan was being triggered. Tracing the wires revealed that I mixed up the fan 1 and fan 2 triggers to the relays. I pulled off the connectors and switched the pins. When I try to start it I get a crank, no start. I switched the trigger wires back with the same result.

I’m not getting spark as per a spark tester. I verified that I get power to each coil and verified the grounds for each as well. I have 58 psi at the rail. I installed a new crank position sensor, but it still will not start. Up to this point the engine started every time and ran great.

I’m at a loss where I go from here. Looking for any and all suggestions. Thanks.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor