Crazy antifreeze prices wtf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, what's with the 50/50 pre-mix concept? Are people THAT incompetent? I remember when it went up in price years ago they mumbled something about the "plant blew up" that made glycol. That was a LONG time ago and the price has stayed up there so I guess they figured the dopes are paying it so let's just keep it high. Same thing with gas, when you get used to $4 gas, you jump up and down when it falls to $3.50. And let's not forget the acetylene "shortage". My guy said right after they scared everyone that there would be NONE, the surcharge was added and there was plenty. Hmmmm.....

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I recently did a water pump in my truck and a radiator in my wifes car. They both take Dexcool. That is crazy expensive. I about fell on floor when I saw the price...and thats with a work discount.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Bonnewagon said:
Yeah, what's with the 50/50 pre-mix concept? Are people THAT incompetent? I remember when it went up in price years ago they mumbled something about the "plant blew up" that made glycol. That was a LONG time ago and the price has stayed up there so I guess they figured the dopes are paying it so let's just keep it high. Same thing with gas, when you get used to $4 gas, you jump up and down when it falls to $3.50. And let's not forget the acetylene "shortage". My guy said right after they scared everyone that there would be NONE, the surcharge was added and there was plenty. Hmmmm.....
yeah...people are that incompetent...just look at all the fools that play the lotto... they got better chance of getting hit by a Meteorite twice!!!... :roll: IIRC, 3 yrs ago, R134 was $6.00 for a 12oz can...now its like 15.00! Somebody somewhere is getting really rich...lol.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My guy says that R-134a has almost tripled in price and no one can give him an explanation why. I know the commodity speculators have their claws into everything from gas to coffee, but anti-freeze?!?!? I guess if there's a quick buck to be made at the public's expense they will find it.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
bill said:
RITTER said:
Our straight green antifreeze is only $9.49 a gallon. And the 50/50 is $10.49 :lol: It cracks me up when people buy the 50/50. I guess the convienence is more important :roll:

....and people say NAPA is the highest on everything 8)
They are on parts!...higher quality demands a higher price! Just wondering....how many defects on starters and alternators do you see on a weekly basis? Whats the warranty policies there?
We have been open since December 20, 2010 and I have not had one starter defect. I have had maybe half a dozen alternator defects. But two of the alternator defects were on the same vehicle and there ended being a problem with the wiring harness.
We offer three different lines of our rotating electrical parts (standard reman - premium reman - NEW) The standard reman comes with a 3 year warranty and the premium reman and NEW products both come with a lifetime warranty. As far as honoring a warranty ... if you can prove your purchase (or obviously if it still retains the original sticker) we honor the warranty. That is one thing that irritates people with defective items, the fact that NAPA does not keep a customer data base like the other chain stores.

If you order anything with a warranty from NAPA, tell them to put your phone number in the PO section. Then the store you purchased the part from can atleast recover your invoice. NAPA does not have a data base system that shares information nation wide. Even if you have an account set up at a NAPA, it doesn't transfer to every NAPA store :roll:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
sounds like they need some more of that how do you say NAPA know how :mrgreen: :lol:

oh my. i do occasional buisness with napa but not often. my store is small and doesnt seem to ever have what i need. but anyways i got a mailer from advanced the otherday. doesnt have prices but they are running a sale $19 of any 2 gallons of prestone straight or dex cool and $9 off any 1 gallon. All peak products are 25% off. Advamced brand dex cool is $11.99

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
Bonnewagon said:
My guy says that R-134a has almost tripled in price and no one can give him an explanation why. I know the commodity speculators have their claws into everything from gas to coffee, but anti-freeze?!?!? I guess if there's a quick buck to be made at the public's expense they will find it.

well i heard the same from my a/c guy who came to charge my car throther day and the price increase is cause r-134a is going away i found out and new stuff is coming and here is the kicker its flammable just what we want in our a/c systems huh...

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Dave V said:
Bonnewagon said:

well i heard the same from my a/c guy who came to charge my car throther day and the price increase is cause r-134a is going away i found out and new stuff is coming and here is the kicker its flammable just what we want in our a/c systems huh...
Our 12oz cans of 134a is still the lowest around at $10.49 a can. But our 30lbs cylinders skyrocketed :!: $259.00 :shock:

mebe007 said:
sounds like they need some more of that how do you say NAPA know how :mrgreen: :lol:

oh my. i do occasional buisness with napa but not often. my store is small and doesnt seem to ever have what i need. but anyways i got a mailer from advanced the otherday. doesnt have prices but they are running a sale $19 of any 2 gallons of prestone straight or dex cool and $9 off any 1 gallon. All peak products are 25% off. Advamced brand dex cool is $11.99
Thats not bad on the Dexcool. Our NAPA DEx is $15.49 a gallon

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
This thread actually came about at the perfect time for me because I gotta get some coolant before it starts freezing.

Nice, well will you be going with green or red? Pre-mix or concentrate? And finally, if concentrate, you will be using distilled water, correct? :mrgreen:[/quote]
Haha actually im not decided yet lol I was gonna see how many more people chime in before I make the big decision :D[/quote]

if you car never had dexcool dont add it had bad luck doing that. and if it had dexcool i noramally remove it casue ive had issues withe the heater cores getting clogged on my avalanche and my 96 caprice back in the day....but if you had green stick with green just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor