CURRENT 6.0/4l80E swap parts = $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Ordered my Holley G-Body LS swap kit today. I have a boatload of other stuff in my basket on Jeg's site. Their 10% sale only goes to $1000 so I am holding off until tomorrow and ordering another $1000. Hoping the 10% will work. Ordered new 160 MPH speedo and 8 grand tach. Braided trans cooling lines with an-6 fittings, including 90 degree for the trans. To go with the oil cooler with fan I bought 6 months ago. Got the Walbro 255 and 0 to 100 psi regulator with braided lines and AN 6 fittings. Got a braided accelerator cable and a S10 ECU mount. Got a set of Fast 87lb injectors to put in my soon to be purchased Holley Sniper 102mm High Ram intake. I know the truck intake is stronger on the bottom end but there is only about 10hp/tq difference up to about 4000rpm. It will be alright. They are on sale right now. I am getting the intake, sniper TB and Fast injectors for less than a low profile Fitech 750hp unit.

This is extra but I got a Goplus 250amp arc welder, some sticks and a patriotic Eagle and flag solar powered helmet. It might not be much of a welder but neither am I. It will work on mild steel for exhaust and frame bracing.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
This High Ram? Not the sheet metal one?

300-116.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I dont know if I would pull the trigger on the sheet metal intake. It will hurt a lot more than 10hp under 4000rpms.
I know it has a little less than the truck intake. The MCSS can not really handle the 400hp it has now. The 6.0 should be near 500hp which will tweak the hell out of my car. I'll stiffen the frame as I go but I plan on putting some miles on her when the swap is done. I'm ok with alittle less on the bottom end. I'm not planning on racing much, if at all.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
I know it has a little less than the truck intake. The MCSS can not really handle the 400hp it has now. The 6.0 should be near 500hp which will tweak the hell out of my car. I'll stiffen the frame as I go but I plan on putting some miles on her when the swap is done. I'm ok with alittle less on the bottom end. I'm not planning on racing much, if at all.

I suggest a little more research. I've seen numbers as high as 30ft/lbs loss at 3k. That's gonna effect cruising rpm even more. Your only gonna have 9.6 to 1 compression, its gonna be a slouch down low as is with the big ports in the head.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I suggest a little more research. I've seen numbers as high as 30ft/lbs loss at 3k. That's gonna effect cruising rpm even more. Your only gonna have 9.6 to 1 compression, its gonna be a slouch down low as is with the big ports in the head.
I understand. I've done some research. Watched 10XXX intake tests and shootouts. I went with the high ram because it has the longer runners which "limits" bottom end loss. It certainly doesn't enhance bottom end. Most articles/tests show minimal gain with the 102mm TB but no loss. Honestly, I'm gaining approximately 100 hp and 75ish tq over what I have now. I will be pretty happy with that. I don't remember exactly by how much but the 4l80 1st gear is steeper than a TH350 which will offset the loss of torque somewhat.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
I understand. I've done some research. Watched 10XXX intake tests and shootouts. I went with the high ram because it has the longer runners which "limits" bottom end loss. It certainly doesn't enhance bottom end. Most articles/tests show minimal gain with the 102mm TB but no loss. Honestly, I'm gaining approximately 100 hp and 75ish tq over what I have now. I will be pretty happy with that. I don't remember exactly by how much but the 4l80 1st gear is steeper than a TH350 which will offset the loss of torque somewhat.

I'm running virtually the identical setup with a NNBS intake with a 92mm TB. You will have tuning issues with that TB as well. 102mm will give you lean fits at every transition on a cable setup. I know, my 92mm is bad enough. I hope you dont think I'm trying to rain on your parade, but you are spec'ing the opposite parts for what you say you are trying to do with the car.

What cam did you settle on?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor