CUTLASS COWL HOOD IS FINISHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
pencero said:
What's wrong with the ridge? It matches up to the body line on the trunk... I think the ridge makes this cowl hood stand out instead of it being like just any other cowl hood would look...

Every GM cowl hood ever made has had this ridge. It's a throw back to the original Camaro cowl hood. It's just not needed in my opinion, on an Oldsmobile especially when it doesn't match up to any other ridge on the car. The trunk body line is just that, a small body line crease. I think if you wanted to match the trunk line you'd want much less of a ridge and just a small body line crease running up the center of the hood.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
pencero said:
What's wrong with the ridge? It matches up to the body line on the trunk...

Just because it's a straight line down the center doesn't mean it matches the body line of the trunk lid. They look totally different from one another. The ridge should look like the one on the trunk lid.

I think the ridge makes this cowl hood stand out instead of it being like just any other cowl hood would look...

You're entitled to your opinion on what you think looks good but I don't see how it 'stands out instead of being like other cowl hood' because it seems every other cowl hood I see has a big ridge so that would make it look like every other cowl hood.

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN
I like it as is. I have already filled up the indention on my header, ready for a hood like this. What are these things gonna go for?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
here are some renderings of what the new hood will look like. I believe this will look better on the car.

THe hood will retail anywhere from 449-549

Attachments

• mod_view1.jpg
    mod_view1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 644
  • mod_view2.jpg
    mod_view2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 618
  • mod_view3.jpg
    mod_view3.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 623
  • mod_view4.jpg
    mod_view4.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 628

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
It's gonna set us back a couple months

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bweavy said:
tobyp said:
It's gonna set us back a couple months
Months? I thought weeks? Hell the hoods are falling from the sky . :D

cant over promise and under deliver :wink: and this tooling modification is quite extensive

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I like it and look forward to ordering mine.

I like the new one way better, even smooth would look good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor