Dirty Jersey bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I went out to Jackson today and found an alternator in the storage. Hopefully it's good it's brand new in box but very old even a little crusty. I'll try to install it one night this week.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I stayed late at the shop tonight and put her up on jackstands outside the shop so I can put the new used junk tires on it. I'm meeting my boss at his tire shop Sunday to mount and balance them and another set of 4 new tires on Janet's Subaru. Getting the wheels off the bourbon was fun. All mismatched lug nuts and some stripped OE ones with the chrome caps. I forgot how much they suck! I don't know why GM made that crap in the 80s. I'm just going to buy new lug nuts for it this weekend before I put the wheels back on. I also got the tailgate inside on a horse and found out it has rot in the bottom where I didn't see it so now I need to decide witch one I should fix. That's it until Sunday

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I stayed late at the shop tonight and put her up on jackstands outside the shop so I can put the new used junk tires on it. I'm meeting my boss at his tire shop Sunday to mount and balance them and another set of 4 new tires on Janet's Subaru. Getting the wheels off the bourbon was fun. All mismatched lug nuts and some stripped OE ones with the chrome caps. I forgot how much they suck! I don't know why GM made that crap in the 80s. I'm just going to buy new lug nuts for it this weekend before I put the wheels back on. I also got the tailgate inside on a horse and found out it has rot in the bottom where I didn't see it so now I need to decide witch one I should fix. That's it until Sunday
Rest assured GM wasn't the only one that committed the sin of chrome capped lug nuts. i would like to find the bean counter that green-lit those things and punch them right in the lug nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It seems to go pritty good with that turbo on that 6.2 and from what I've read it should get about 20mpg

A friend of mine had the 6.2 turbo diesel in his pick up and I was shocked at the gas milage that got when we went on a 6 hour drive to pick up an engine, I thought he must have had an oversize fuel tank untill he finally stopped to fill it up

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
A friend of mine had the 6.2 turbo diesel in his pick up and I was shocked at the gas milage that got when we went on a 6 hour drive to pick up an engine, I thought he must have had an oversize fuel tank untill he finally stopped to fill it up
That's good to hear. I'm hoping it can be the new family road trip truck. Maybe use it to move some Oldsmobiles.

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Rest assured GM wasn't the only one that committed the sin of chrome capped lug nuts. i would like to find the bean counter that green-lit those things and punch them right in the lug nuts.
Even the brand new s550 mustangs are using those 2 metal designs to save a few bucks, they swell and separate over time and tire changes to where even a roadside assistance truck won't touch them. I had to go out one time one night to help remove a tire they wouldn't touch.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My '14 Silverado had those god awful type of lug nut. Swapped them out for some solid Dorman ones. Rather deal with the cheap rusting chrome instead of those caps.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
My '14 Silverado had those god awful type of lug nut. Swapped them out for some solid Dorman ones. Rather deal with the cheap rusting chrome instead of those caps.
That is the plan well whatever the chain store has in stock tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor