Do I get a membership card now?

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I don't see a ignition module ground? Pin D is ref low ground but it goes to the ECM, not to the block.
1559827741631-png.115230

1559827798316-png.115231

fleming442

fleming442

Geezer
Dec 26, 2013
I see; it's a little different than the Series 2 I was dealing with. In the interest of basic troubleshooting, check: resistance between a known good ground and the ECM input (7th pin from right-can't read the #), pin B3 on the ECM, pins G & L on the ICM. To me, any variations on the latter 3 would point to a bad driver in the ECM or faulty wiring in between. You can temporarily ground the sensors for testing. When I was reading up on references, I found that they're basically (and allegedly) cleaned up signals only to be seen with an O-scope.
Those diagrams make it seem like the ICM gets grounded through the body of the module, so make sure that's clean, too.

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well I got an answer from the Dynamic EFI guy that that resistance wire in the diagram must be wrong and not to worry about it.

I ended up changing injectors again on #4 to another one off the shelf and it seemed to fix it. I had changed that one a month ago so its odd I put a bad one in but I guess thats the luck of the draw.

Put a new battery in it, had to fix a pinched injector wire that was causing the short and popped fuse from me being dumb and using an impact to tighten the fuel rails down instead of a hand wrench.

Overall its back to 100% I think.

Next thing is fixed the blown up muffler from when it was backfiring. Its factory 2" exhaust and I have a 2.5" ultra flow knockoff sitting on the floor, I might get a pair of 2 to 2.5" adapters and make it fit. Factory muffler is center inlet and offset outlet, and my muffler is offset inlet and outlet so making it fit might be a little odd, but I have a welder and saw so that solves a lot of problems.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.