Doing A/C Lines after an engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
I bought a universal hose kit from Vintage Air when I bought the rest of the components. It also came with a bunch of assorted fittings. As I got more deeply into the install, I ended up ordering a few more specialized fittings from VA to allow me to route the stuff the way I wanted it. Once I had everything mocked up, I took the hoses off and to a local radiator shop that also serviced AC and had them crimp the fittings on.
Ok Thank you local hero I appreciate it and my girl will appreciate it she wont ride in it if there's no air lol

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i bought a kit from vintage air,i ended up buying a few different fittings to make it the way i wanted it but it works.i didn't need any special tools to crimp the hoses either.fyi the zip ties were only a temporary measure,they've been replaced with actual hose separators.
DSCF3791.JPG
DSCF3793.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
This interesting, a few ways it can be done. I am actually surprised there isn't an LS A/C swap kit available. Looks like Cold Hose also will do custom hoses to your spec as well if someone local can't do them.

Reactions: 1 user

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
This interesting, a few ways it can be done. I am actually surprised there isn't an LS A/C swap kit available. Looks like Cold Hose also will do custom hoses to your spec as well if someone local can't do them.
Yea me too nothing around my area that does that sort of thing .I am surprised also that there isn't an ls a/c swap kit you would think that sense how popular ls swaps are.

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
That's because most of you clowns rip the AC box out!
The only reason I didnt take the ac box out is my lady can't ride in the car without ac exspecially when it's hot out going to a cruise that's why I kept the ac!.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Some of us in a older age got smart to have both A/C & non-A/C heater units handy with needed parts to be safe. But still not smart enough to accept to just go with a 100% working A/C set up.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor