Dynomax Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4gss

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009
Bella Vista, AR
Hello,

My car came with 14" Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers which is supposed to be one of the quieter mufflers out there.
I'm not a big fan of the cruise tone coming out of the mufflers.

They just released a Dynomax VT that basically has a valve that prevents droning at cruise speeds.

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt

Anyone had any experience or feedback on the Dynomax VT?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I haven't heard much about them yet. I'm not too sure how feel about having moving parts inside of a muffler though. I'd imagine that if that spring went bad/broke or whatever the case; it would sound like a flapping EFE valve and you'd have an annoying ticking sound.

On another note, do you currently have tail pipes after the Super Turbos?

all4gss

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009
Bella Vista, AR
Oh yes, I've endured a ticking EFE before. Now that you mention it that's what is in the muffler. I like the idea of it though, if it holds up.
The current system is midlength hedmans under g-force crossmember to the super turbos and out tail pipes that exit behind the wheel.

The set up would take an h-pipe or look at going from a 14 to 18+ inch muffler or both.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
When the time comes I was thinking about going super turbo too since they aren't as loud and flow better than most mufflers. I had them on my '85 SS back in like '97 or so. I'm trying to go the quiet 455 route if possible :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor