Electric Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Our rads are 26.5 inches from tank to tank, so the first one won't quite fit.

If you have the funds go with the second one with the built in controller, it would make the installation a breeze.

Jul 15, 2007
Bensalem
I have a 85 Cutlass that had a 455 Olds in it. I used a Electric fan from Volvo. These fans were recalled for a relay that catches on fire. All you have to do is remove the relay, and just use the +@- wires and it works awsome. It pulls ALOT of CFM. Never overheated. And I was unsing the original 307 brass Radiator which had over 160kmiles on it. To operate the fan I used a BE COOL fan kit, cost around $70. you can choose at what temp when the fan comes on and off. I had a 190 on and a 170 off Sensor. The sensor just goes onto any port in the intake manifold, and has 1 wire that runs to the relay, so no toggle switches. It really does work great, and very easy to install. The Volvo fan has a shroud with it that fits a G body radiator Great!! Just trim a couple of small tabs on the shroud with a hacksaw, and the width and height fits perfect. You can get the fans cheap off of ebay, around $25, and the Be Cool kit cost around $70. So for around $100, you can have a complete electric fan that fits great and cools awsome.

jerry455

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2006
sterling hts mi
electric fans

just finished installing lt1 f body fan set up on my gp. 1997 firebird, fans are staggered , made a custom top piece to hold radiator. used a flex a lite variable speed fan control. i also installed a switch so i can manually turn on the fans when i want to. will try to get camera to take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor