electric fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

80' bu

Apprentice
Jul 12, 2007
Ontario
anyone know of a good dual fan setup that will fit in a gbody? I've heard that an early 90's lumina van had a powerful one that would fit?
Thanks

80' bu

Apprentice
Jul 12, 2007
Ontario
where did you put the temp sensor? What is a 2 speed Hayden controller worth?

What motor are you running? I've got a 400 so I want to make sure the cooling is adequate

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
The controller is around $40-50 and the temp probe goes in the rad fins.

I'm running the stock 305HO, but with the A/C on and 100 degrees outside it never goes above normal operating temperature.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
An interesting junkyard option for the temp probe would be the one from a 1988-93 Nissan 240SX. It is a small tube that has the sender screwed into it and you just have to cut the lower radiator hose and install it between the two pieces. That way, you can skip shoving it through the fins. Oddly, the 240SX has an engine driven clutch fan with a second electric fan directly in front of it.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i've got a dual-fan out of a lincoln that fits pretty well. i'm using the derale controller with a sender that threads into the head or intake has has a temp adjustment. works well

80' bu

Apprentice
Jul 12, 2007
Ontario
I'm always into the junkyard options, I'll have to see what I can find at the local parts pile. Thanks

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
LS1 F-Body Fans are a good fit (Probably LT1 as well). You should be able to pick one up for around $100.

kevinrocks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2007
Louisville, KY
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
An interesting junkyard option for the temp probe would be the one from a 1988-93 Nissan 240SX. It is a small tube that has the sender screwed into it and you just have to cut the lower radiator hose and install it between the two pieces. That way, you can skip shoving it through the fins. Oddly, the 240SX has an engine driven clutch fan with a second electric fan directly in front of it.

89-94 240sx's. 89 was the first year for 240. 94 is a convertable only year. (sorry, I've had a few 240sx's over the years) :D The temp probe new for an 89-94 240sx at autozone is 15 bucks or so (probably less). They tend to have temp senders go bad because most of them have over 200k and on the original one. I'd look into a new one insted of the junkyard option, just because they're not expensive.

Just a small heads up 8)

80' bu

Apprentice
Jul 12, 2007
Ontario
cant' argue with 15buck. Would I have to get the controller as well or will a generic one work with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor