electric fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
i used a fan from a lincoln mark VIII, it was about 3/4 of an inch taller but i made it work with my "custom" sheet metal fabricated radiator support

PICT00172.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Hey guys just got a set of fans from my buddys parts car. From an '02 Jetta, they look to be the perfect width not sure on height. theres one big fan and one smaller. probablly 13" and 8". just letting you guys know theres more otions out there.

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
monte olrac said:
i used a fan from a lincoln mark VIII, it was about 3/4 of an inch taller but i made it work with my "custom" sheet metal fabricated radiator support

PICT00172.jpg

i have this exact same fan..how can i mount this to my radiator ?

Chlorin8ed

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2011
I have a Mark VIII fan, also, that I want install in my '87 Chevy pickup. My fan is a 2 speed fan. Is yours is a 2 speed fan, did you wire it up to work both speeds and if so how??????? :-? other wise how did you hook it up?

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
i havent hooked mines up yet..but i do have the two speed fan just like you and im goin to hook mines up with the highest speed for now and see how my car runs..the problem im having is how can i get it to stay in place..is it a part i can buy at autozone ?

Chlorin8ed

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2011
I have not installed it yet. The PO just used angle brackets to install it. As for the electric part, I have a derale controller and bosch relay. He had it hooked up to one speed, I was just hoping to hook it up to both, (just to make my life complicated :rofl: )

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm running the lincoln mark VIII fan as well, except it came from a ford thunderbird. The ford thunderbird, lincoln mark viii, and mercury cougars came with this fan. Love it so far with no complaints.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Mark VIII here as well. No fan matches it for cooling - factory or aftermarket. Here's some pics of my install and wiring diagrams:

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/1985-che ... -fan-19654

...if you notch the bottom of the shroud, it will sit low enough to look right with a factory Cutlass top rad support. Note that just because the fan has three pins, it doesn't guarantee it's a 2-speed fan - check the album for a comparison shot (I have one of each).

Chlorin8ed

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2011
I tested it and it is a 2 speed (and it matches your pics)
Thanks for the wiring diagram, but I have to admit I can't read it :-( It is too small and is fuzzy if I enlarge it. From what I can tell, it is exactly what I want to do. Can I do it with the bosch 75 amp relay and derale 16749 controller? Or do I need to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor