engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have a roller cam?

check yer intake manifold bolts to make sure there tightened down enough. i had the problem when i did my rebuild, or even the carb gasket could be bad or missing. and check the intake for missing NPT fittings or the egr cover for leaks.

beermonkey9417 said:
check yer intake manifold bolts to make sure there tightened down enough. i had the problem when i did my rebuild, or even the carb gasket could be bad or missing. and check the intake for missing NPT fittings or the egr cover for leaks.

I will for sure thank you so much.

find the engine code and look it up. is it the original motor?

Re: engine problems, again. !update!

So I start it up today to fix the problems and put some gas in it.
I tried starting it, it was trying.
But kept slowly dying, and after a second just died completely, the battery is now making a ticking noise when trying to turn over.
The battery is dead, I suppose.
This has been a issue for as long as I have had this engine, it is a new battery and I have 3 new batteries at that.
They all 3 die after a few start ups they will just slowly fade out while turning over and then just tick.
The previous "mechanic" when he came over that's what he was supposedly fixing, something about a little piece in my alternator was bad so it was only running on the battery and not the alt.
But its still killing all my batteries.
I am just lost at this point on what's going on.

I don't know what could be wrong, what could be draining all my batteries.
But this is becoming a big problem, while working on my other problems.

I don't know what he supposedly was going to replace but I can tell you starting an unhealthy car and idling for a short time to start it again later will kill batteries very quick. Did you ever get a multimeter? Just wondering. If you did you could see if your alternator is working next time it is running. To get it running jump start it if you have some cables. I assume you don't have a battery charger since that douche bag was gonna go charge your battery. But anyway jump start it, should be good enough to get it running.

CHRIS.O said:
I don't know what he supposedly was going to replace but I can tell you starting an unhealthy car and idling for a short time to start it again later will kill batteries very quick. Did you ever get a multimeter? Just wondering. If you did you could see if your alternator is working next time it is running. To get it running jump start it if you have some cables. I assume you don't have a battery charger since that douche bag was gonna go charge your battery. But anyway jump start it, should be good enough to get it running.

Okay I never knew that thank you.
I haven't got it yet, I have no money as of now but I am most likely going to borrow money and then get some cause I need this done.
Yeah I have no idea what the piece was called but he said, it was a piece that goes in the back of the alt and it was completely out.
I have no clue what he called it, I knew something wasn't eight I am not the smartest person about cars but it seemed like he was just making something up to get money.
But yeah I got cables, I do need a charger but that will have to wait till i get money from taxes, in the next few weeks.

Thanks Chris, always helping me.
I will go out and try it, I will come back and tell you how it went.

Your very welcome. Well you will be buying enough tools now that you should be able to take care of most of your basic engine and car problems. Multimeters are good for around the house as well chasing down electrical gremlins. I had to use one not long ago to find a messed up ground at the power pole outside. Saved me money on an electrician. But anyway I hope it starts. Did you ever get a compression tester? Just wondering if you ever tested the side with all the smoke coming out of it. I am really hoping you did not get a bum motor. I do not think those guys would of sold it to you and put it in if they knew something is bad in it. They would be right there when you found out. So hopefully it just needs something small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor