engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: engine problems, again. update!!

Here are the videos I promised you all.
I thought the smoke was over with but, it seems its only smoking from the passenger pipe.
The drivers is not smoking at all.

So here they are and I hope they help you all.
http://youtu.be/hpjBnMIxoMg

http://youtu.be/5glU8ZhzdSY

I can also take videos or pictures of certain things you all might want to see.

just watched the 2 vids, i may be wrong, but that motor is running on 3 or 4 cylinders, or you got a huge cam in it, and the smoke looks pretty white to me, is it going down on coolant? think you may want to check compression, just my 2 cents, but it dont look good

CAPERKEV said:
just watched the 2 vids, i may be wrong, but that motor is running on 3 or 4 cylinders, or you got a huge cam in it, and the smoke looks pretty white to me, is it going down on coolant? think you may want to check compression, just my 2 cents, but it dont look good

I doubt I have a huge cam.
I still have a full reservoir of coolant/water 50/50 stuff.
I just have to get the compression gauge and I will check it, but as of now I don't have one.
Does it really look that bad?

it aint looking good, them valves are not right, use the method i gave above, the timing isnt far off she fires up pretty quick, but them valves man, set em an see what happens

Did some of those plugs that you removed look to be real clean? That white smoke probably smell sweet cause it sure looks like coolant

pontiacgp said:
Did some of those plugs that you removed look to be real clean? That white smoke probably smell sweet cause it sure looks like coolant

Yeah i would say a little more than half, looked to be good.
No gunk no dirt.
Only a few looked to be gunked and dirty.
Why you ask?
I really cant smell to good, i have a stopped up nose for the past few days.

you'd smell it if it was coolant, was there anything chalky white on the plugs?. Or if you have a th 350 transmission the modulator is defective and your engine is sucking up transmission fluid and burning it when you rev the engine

pontiacgp said:
you'd smell it if it was coolant, was there anything chalky white on the plugs?. Or if you have a th 350 transmission the modulator is defective and your engine is sucking up transmission fluid and burning it when you rev the engine

There wasn't any white on the plugs when I pulled them, no.
I don't know what trans I have, They said it was a th 350 but I don't know.
Its what I had when I had the 3.8 in the car.

Are you supposed to be using both vacuum ports on the edlebrock 1406 carb, on my sbc350 in my camaro I only use one side, I dont know if that helps you at all. Good luck...

David Williamson said:
Here's a few pictures and a video.
I checked the lines, I saw none that were disconnected cut breaking or anything they all seemed fine.

But here's the pictures, I hope They're good enough.

2n6eww.jpg

72xgmd.jpg

200smmx.jpg

w0jf9j.jpg

fycsbr.jpg

and here's the video, Don't mind the wife haha.

http://youtu.be/ir4Drf-7r70

I hope you all can get a good determination on these, If not I could take more pictures/videos if your more specific on what to photograph/film.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor