Equus Gauges ( What U think )????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2012
I just bought a full set of Equus gauges. I was wondering how you guys hooked up the speedo to the factory cable?
The instructions tell you to get an adapter, but I dunno if it will work with the g- body cable. Where would I get such an adapter?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Coomer's 82 SS said:
I just bought a full set of Equus gauges. I was wondering how you guys hooked up the speedo to the factory cable?
The instructions tell you to get an adapter, but I dunno if it will work with the g- body cable. Where would I get such an adapter?

You should try summt racing, or ur local parts store, theres a guy here in cali, that works on restoring gauges and he change my speed o cable connector to fit my speed autometer gauge, im sure he will be able to fit my equus speed gauge..But if u do find an adapter, please post part number, good luck

448bab7f.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
80ELCAMINOFLAKE those gauges looks nice bro . im thinking of getting the tri gauges of oil temp and volt .

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE those gauges looks nice bro . im thinking of getting the tri gauges of oil temp and volt .

Thanks bro, go for it with the Tri gauges, i got my shadow box online Customsmontecarlos.. Know i just need to do alittle cutting to the inside of the cluster so that the gaguges can sit perfect...

Heres alittle mock up..

e3ae0d06.jpg

Mar 8, 2012
I'll do some checking around and see what I can find on the speedo. I'll post results if I find anything.
I like your cluster setup in your 1980.
I used the original drop in cluster holder and ground out the center. I gorilla glued a stiff piece of cardboard to it covered it in some black cloth and mounted my gauges in it. It was tight but I was able to get the speedo and the other four mounted.
Just need to wire everything up and paint the shadow box. If I knew how to post pics I would. :D

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Coomer's 82 SS wrote:
How about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEEDOMETER-CAB ... 1b&vxp=mtr

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Those guages look nice. I know what you mean about buying the Autometer name, I had a full set of gauges in my '74 Cuda. The speedo always bounced around, and the sending unit for the fuel gauge was not very steady either. I expected more for what I paid.

I'm looking into remodeling my boost and oil psi gauge in my car, these may be something to look into.

koab26

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2012
SIR I USED TO WORK FOR O'REILLY, I RACE DIRT TRACK CARS AND DECIDED TO PUT A SET OF THESE IN MY CAR JUST TO CHECK THEM OUT. AFTER A SEASON OF RACING AND RUNNING A TOTAL OF 26 PLUS RACES AND HITTING RUTS, GETTING INTO A FEW SERIOUS WRECKS AND NUMEROUS FENDER BENDERS THESE GAUGES HELD OF REALLY WELL. IN OTHER WORDS IF THEY CANDLE HANDLE THE ABUSE ON A DIRT TRACK THEN YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM ON YOUR DAILY DRIVER. I BUILT A BRAND NEW CAR FOR THIS SEASON AND DECIDED TO GO WITH A SET OF JEGS WATER TEMP, OIL PRESSURE, AND FUEL PRESSURE. LET ME TELL YOU THESE BADD BOYS LOOK PRETTY COOL AT NIGHT TIME BECAUSE THE FACES LIGHT UP AND THE LITTLE JEGS LOGO DOES TOO PLUS THEY COME WITH THREE DIFFERENT TRIM RINGS, BLACK, SILVER AND WHITE.YOU'LL ONLY BE OUT OF POCKET FOR AROUND $30 BUCKS A PIECE.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Im think about purchasing the Equus 7000 series but i was hoping they had the electric oil pressure gauge i dont trust the nylon tubing that comes with it is there another tubing i can use instead of the plastic one.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
85montanezSS said:
Im think about purchasing the Equus 7000 series but i was hoping they had the electric oil pressure gauge i dont trust the nylon tubing that comes with it is there another tubing i can use instead of the plastic one.

Ya that plastic tubing is not trust worthy...i had it im my elko the plastic tubing and it did hold its gorund, but to be much safer im going to go with the autometer copper tubing, they should sell it at your local auto parts store...

Attachments

• autometer-6-foot-copper-tubing-1-8-inch-diameter-895-p.jpg
    autometer-6-foot-copper-tubing-1-8-inch-diameter-895-p.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,314
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor