Equus Gauges ( What U think )????

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I was reading where a lot of people using steel braided lines cause they say the copper lines bend and break easy and they aren't flexible enough that's the route i might take and it cost a little more money.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
85montanezSS said:
I was reading where a lot of people using steel braided lines cause they say the copper lines bend and break easy and they aren't flexible enough that's the route i might take and it cost a little more money.

Sweet well if u can get any info on the braided lines..let me know....might go that route too :)

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Well i went on ebay and i found alot of deals for the braided lines in different lengths so check it out there some have the fitting on it and some dont .My question is about wiring the gauges up and signal bulb ive never done one but ill read up on that.Try this link for ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Straight-4-A ... 7d&vxp=mtr

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
85montanezSS said:
Well i went on ebay and i found alot of deals for the braided lines in different lengths so check it out there some have the fitting on it and some dont .My question is about wiring the gauges up and signal bulb ive never done one but ill read up on that.Try this link for ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Straight-4-A ... 7d&vxp=mtr

sweet! thanks ....i will ck it out

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
85montanezSS said:

It's not because they don't bend enough it's becuase they bend too easily. Copper work hardens the more you bend it and will eventually crack/break.

Unless you can support the line solidly along it's entire length I would never use it.

However I wouldn't ever use a mechanical gauge in a street car anyway.

koab26

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2012
I WOULD USE A STEEL BRAIDED OIL PRESSURE LINE, MAKE SURE TO GET THE CORRECT FITTING FOR THE ENGINE BLOCK TO INSTALL IT. OK YOU CAN'T GO WRONG RUNNING STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES, FUEL PRESSURE LINES, AND OIL PRESSURE LINE. THEY ARE FAIRLY AFFORDABLE AND OUTLAST THE PLASTIC AND COPPER BY FAR. GO TO www.speedwaymotors.com OR SMILEY'S RACING PROCUCTS. JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT LENGTH FOR THE OIL FRESSURE LINE FROM THE BLOCK TO YOUR GAGE. JUST USE A COAT HANGER OR PIECE OF WIRE TO MEASURE THE LENGTH AND THEN MEASURE IT. IN SEVEN YEARS OF RACING ON DIRT, I HAVE NEVER HAD A BRAIDED LINE LEAK, NOT EVEN FROM THE 6AN FITTING.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
FE3X CLONE said:
85montanezSS said:

It's not because they don't bend enough it's becuase they bend too easily. Copper work hardens the more you bend it and will eventually crack/break.

Unless you can support the line solidly along it's entire length I would never use it.

However I wouldn't ever use a mechanical gauge in a street car anyway.

I will be using a braided line but for the mechanical oil pressure I have no choice that's all they for the 7000 series Equus gauge.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
koab26 said:
I WOULD USE A STEEL BRAIDED OIL PRESSURE LINE, MAKE SURE TO GET THE CORRECT FITTING FOR THE ENGINE BLOCK TO INSTALL IT. OK YOU CAN'T GO WRONG RUNNING STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES, FUEL PRESSURE LINES, AND OIL PRESSURE LINE. THEY ARE FAIRLY AFFORDABLE AND OUTLAST THE PLASTIC AND COPPER BY FAR. GO TO http://www.speedwaymotors.com OR SMILEY'S RACING PROCUCTS. JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT LENGTH FOR THE OIL FRESSURE LINE FROM THE BLOCK TO YOUR GAGE. JUST USE A COAT HANGER OR PIECE OF WIRE TO MEASURE THE LENGTH AND THEN MEASURE IT. IN SEVEN YEARS OF RACING ON DIRT, I HAVE NEVER HAD A BRAIDED LINE LEAK, NOT EVEN FROM THE 6AN FITTING.
x2 on braided line. And please TURN OFF CAPS

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Yea i seen some on ebay that i will probley get....for about $20.00

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
use electric gauges.. not mechanical ones. And spend the extra money for Speedhut gauges... you can customize them any which way you like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor