Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Southwest just announced that they are 'right-sizing' their flight schedule through September. The Boeing Max 8 recovery plan is messing up a lot of 'deals' people found for their summer vacations. Bless all those souls lost in the the calculated risk Boeing's management took to catch up to Airbus.

That's a great shot on the Art Deco dam. A little Photoshop work to remove the pole and the barrier would turn that into a spectacular picture for your library.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Pre-9/11 you could drive across. I'm told that this one was built to test engineering for the Hoover dam.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
While I was our of town I got some deliveries. So, to restate the backstory on my Indian -- It's technically an imposter. It was built from genuine parts about 5 years ago but since it wasn't built in the factory it's titled as "assembled Indian Chief". That really doesn't bother me a bit because you don't ride the title and even most Indian guys probably couldn't tell the difference. The guy who built the bike did a pretty good job but deviated on a few parts. Not sure if the correct parts were simply not available or he just plain cheaped out. At any rate, that's where my mild OCD took over. This is the pile I ordered before I left and was waiting for me when I got home.

The lenses are just spares and the shift rod is an accessory part that wouldn't have been on a production bike but the factory rod is pretty plain and ugly. The more commonly seen accessory rod is the one with arrow head and feathers.

The grips are fairly indian-specific. Previous owner must have suffered from severe sweaty palms because the originals are really corroded.

The correct mirrors are more teardrop shaped than the rectangular ones it came with.

The final OCD purchase was the correct Indian script front caliper. Front and rear are the same but the rear is tucked under the pipe and not visible. Both the plain ones that are on it and the new script one were manufactured by Thunderheart -- only difference is the script. It wasn't cheap and I'm a little embarrassed about what I paid for it but it was the only one left in the country as far as I can tell. For some reason not having that script has really bugged me.

Anyway, I got everything swapped out but the caliper yesterday then ran into a little glitch so I'll need to make a run to the hardware store this morning for some washers. Hoping to find the time to get the saddlebags installed this week too but I've got about a million chores to get done before my next work trip.
This thing is filthy.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
A couple other things showed up too. If you remember that old Atlas table saw I brought home and cleaned up, you might recall I had to make a fence for it. It worked okay but I was never really happy with it. I lucked out and found a 70 year old replacement on Ebay along with a throat plate and a couple access panels for the base. Still need to clean them up but I'm just feeling fortunate to have located them.

And these came from NY...
20190430_071314.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Must have been 2 years ago. When the water runs like that it usually floods out that rail car bridge at the bottom of the steep hill below the dam.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My dad got everything wrapped up on my brother's pickup while I was out of town. I helped him put the canopy on and filled the back with spare parts. It's ready to go back home now.

Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
you guys did a nice job, looks great!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks. It's not very pretty but it's all together and driveable, which was the end goal.

I've been chipping away at homestead stuff. Yesterday afternoon I mowed down my lower field then disced it. Basically i just loosened up the hard pack and dragged the grass/weeds across it. Also used the old 8N to yank an old hitching post out of the ground. This area used to actually be the driveway and parking area for the old house. Turbolq4 may kind of recognize it. My goal is to end up with suitable grazing for sheep or goats.
Next phase is fencing. Lots of fencing.
20190504_152917.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor