Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I think the keys to a good craigslist find start as

1. Incorrect spelling of car name?
Cutless- Check

2. Calling a car a daily driver with large mechanical issues or mods that make the car nearly unusable?
Cutting roof of 4 door cutlass and installing convertible top in the back seat-Check

3. Calling car "everything original"
Totally redone paint, removed roof, different wheels- Check

4. Selling because you need a daily driver family car
Remove 50% of the seats of what could have been a family car to make a convertible 4 door 2 seater-Check

upload_2018-7-16_10-30-25.png

https://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-cutless-supreme/6643679750.html

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im not sure if its just me but it seems like 90% of the vehicles I find on craigslist need fuel pumps or starters. :rofl:

The "everything original" really gets me going and I see it everywhere. Seems like once a day there's a post like that on one of the various facebook groups im in. Someone posts a car, claims it's all original but yet there's different wheels, engine accessories, stereo, etc....me being the dick that I am simply can't scroll on without mentioning that which usually leads to an entertaining/depressing debate.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That Cutless is over priced by $1800. That Cutlass wagon rocks. I could post my car on CL & be truthful that it still has all of it's original rust.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Am I the only one that thinks this car could actually be fun with a roll bar, soft top and some 31x10.5-15 mud terrains?

Psuedo jeep wrangler?

Car is pretty local to me. If I had more money and less brains I would offer him $500 and he can keep the wheels. Bolt on some off road tires (probably already has lift spindles), find a rusty TJ wrangler and put the roll bar in this, keep the soft top as is.

Was I dropped as a child or does that sound like a actual decent way to save this?

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Am I the only one that thinks this car could actually be fun with a roll bar, soft top and some 31x10.5-15 mud terrains?

Psuedo jeep wrangler?
If you put it that way, toss it on a 4x4 frame & let loose, then it is only over priced by $1400 because you found it a new purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor