Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Thanks for the support. I've recently seen pics of a Honda Accord on 26s.
2yudp8y.jpg

That's definitely not a donk.

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
amen, boys around here got crown vics and calling them donks :wtf: and even got the donk decal in there windows :wtf: . But yeah glad someone explaining it i hate crown vics eveeyone got one and they all look the same. Only body style i like that looks like a vic is a marauder and even then still not to crazy

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
Nah, that Accord is a donk.

You or anyone else doesn't have a monopoly on slang/pop-culture terms.

'71-'76 impalas are what YOU call donks. I call them '71-'76 impalas. Which is what they are. To me.

Get it? :p

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
treed_cutlass said:

'71-'76 impalas are what YOU call donks. I call them '71-'76 impalas. Which is what they are. To me.

here you go trying to switch it up. why are you tryin to play that game :wtf: since you dont like donks leave the term out your mouth. you wont call a impala a donk and it is 1 but yet you call a accord a donk when its not. theres always some dick head who has to give us sh*t....keep it moving man.

sorry Q but my reply might start something. you couldn't have informed the board any better and yet we still have some lame tryin to say what a donk is :blam:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
youngdeezy said:
treed_cutlass said:

here you go trying to switch it up. why are you tryin to play that game :wtf: since you dont like donks leave the term out your mouth. you wont call a impala a donk and it is 1 but yet you call a accord a donk when its not. theres always some dick head who has to give us sh*t....keep it moving man.

sorry Q but my reply might start something. you couldn't have informed the board any better and yet we still have some lame tryin to say what a donk is :blam:

It's all good Youngdeezy. That dude always comes from the exact same angle. I'm trying to play nice and ignore him.

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
Right... just like the lame in post #1 tryin' to say what a donk is.

Understand that slang terms take on a life of their own, and will not be defined by one person/group of people/sub-culture/culture/state/country/continent/planet.

Take the word "f*g" for example. In the UK it might refer to a cigarette. In north america... something else. Historically it refers to firewood, or the person gathering said firewood. The people who gathered said firewood were often old, crippled in some way, or otherwise "useless".

So yes, thanks for explaining what a donk is, according to YOU.

And yes, I do come from the exact same angle, I give my own perspective and keep an open mind. What's wrong with that?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
treed_cutlass said:
Right... just like the lame in post #1 tryin' to say what a donk is.

Understand that slang terms take on a life of their own, and will not be defined by one person/group of people/sub-culture/culture/state/country/continent/planet.

Take the word "f*g" for example. In the UK it might refer to a cigarette. In north america... something else. Historically it refers to firewood, or the person gathering said firewood. The people who gathered said firewood were often old, crippled in some way, or otherwise "useless".

So yes, thanks for explaining what a donk is, according to YOU.

And yes, I do come from the exact same angle, I give my own perspective and keep an open mind. What's wrong with that?

Look here dude. I didn't insult you at all in this thread. This thread was made to inform the people who didn't know what cars are referred to by the term "donk". If you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread then stay out of it. You didn't even have the decency to address me by name. You're the only lame in this thread thus far. :twisted:

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
Oh sorry, you're right. You didn't insult me at all. Nope. Not one bit. Until now.

And I wasn't really insulting you either, I was illustrating to youngdeezy that by calling me a lame for trying to define donk, he was also calling you a lame for trying to define it. Get it now?

One thing that I do notice about all these "Lets define something" or "Lets figure out what is the "best"" threads is they are only good for entertainment and people giving their opinions. So I gave mine. That is all.

I'm sorry you felt offended at my illustration of youngdeezy's poor insult towards me, that also insulted you. Of course, try to remember that it was youngdeezy who insulted those who try to define donks, perhaps I should go back and edit my post to reflect my intentions. Nah... Who cares? It's only the intarwebs.

I'm also sorry that your short fuse has led to flinging of such injurious barbs as your suggestion that I engage in incest. Perhaps you should sit and reflect on why you would say such horrible things?

EDIT: Oh, and I did contribute something positive to this thread. I contributed the fact that not everyone that says "donk" means 71-76 Impalas. Your assertion is that they're wrong in saying so, my assertion is they'll use slang terms however they like.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
To get back on track

Qdub24 said:
I'm tired of explaining and arguing with people over the definition of the word "donk". So here are pics of exactly what the word stands for:

1971 2dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-1.jpg

1971 4dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-2.jpg

1971 convertible Impala (aka "Vert")
1971-chevrolet-impala-pic-932.jpeg

1972 2dr Impala
1972_impala.jpg

1972 2dr Caprice
72caprice.jpg

1973 2dr Caprice
180.jpg

1973 2dr Impala
1973_Impala.jpg

1974 2dr Caprice
1974caprice.jpg

1974 Impala convertible (aka "Vert")
haysimpala.jpg

1975 2dr Caprice
53218336_pr.jpg

1975 2dr Impala
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

1976 2dr Caprice
1976capriceclassic.jpg

1976 2dr Impala
1976-chevrolet-impala-smile.jpg

1976-chevrolet-impala-i-like-big-butts.jpg

All of the above are Donks, 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprices & Impalas ONLY. You may have noticed that none of them are on big wheels. That's because the wheels have nothing to do with the term "donk"; it's a nickname for those specific vehicles. Now that I have given this class, hopefully you will take this knowledge that I've dropped on you today and share it w/those who can't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor