Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

79_GBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
Columbus, OH
This is hilarious...if you don't like lifted cars with big wheels, donks, boxes, bubbles, then whenever you see it in the title or even see a picture of one in a post, don't waste your time commenting on it. It's funny that everybody hates these type of cars, but you can go to any automotive car & truck forum on the net and find one on each and every site, because people are so busy wasteing time on the things they don't like instead of contributing to the things they do. Like said, if you don't like the cars, don't waste your time posting on a topic that discusses them, lol! :doh:

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
for me its not the terminology thats the big problem but it does bother me a tad, nothing i cant get over though. its the fact yall see cars with rims larger than 20's and call them donks and its seems that 80% of you think that donks are like a big fat POS. no performance, 4x4 lifts, tacky paint jobs etc. i dont want none of that connected to my car simple as that. just like a dude with a nice awd wrx he wouldn't want to be put in the rice category so its the same for me. like my ride hs decent performance mods to it but all the great qualities are over looked cause of the rims and my car is considered a donk.
thats all i'll say cause its seems pointless now to keep this stuff going.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
79_GBody said:
This is hilarious...if you don't like lifted cars with big wheels, donks, boxes, bubbles, then whenever you see it in the title or even see a picture of one in a post, don't waste your time commenting on it. It's funny that everybody hates these type of cars, but you can go to any automotive car & truck forum on the net and find one on each and every site, because people are so busy wasteing time on the things they don't like instead of contributing to the things they do. Like said, if you don't like the cars, don't waste your time posting on a topic that discusses them, lol! :doh:

your right but a lot of folks lack common sense so they still chime in to be negative althought they hate the topic.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
months later and qdub is still fuming over the whole "what defines a donk as a donk" bullshit in one of my threads. awesome. :rofl:

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
dont worry about whats associated with your car, theres no reason to give a sh*t. if someones leaning on your car, fine get piseed, someone talks about your car ignore em or race em

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Alright I get the lingo for sure, but one thing I hate and I dont know whether I should or not but when people see my 79 cutty and say "Oooh, thats a clean scraper"... Now when I think of a "scraper" I think of like that small bodied front drive cutlass and regal and cars like that... which are totally wack IMO compared to their rear drive bigger brothers. Am I wrong?

I was thinking though it would be nice to start a thread for people that would clearly define these terms so we can stop the confusion. Even if I'm wrong about the scrapers, The caprice lingo should be top of the list.

I had to chime in and give my 2 cents. plus a couple more.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
redsx2434 said:
dont worry about whats associated with your car, theres no reason to give a sh*t. if someones leaning on your car, fine get piseed, someone talks about your car ignore em or race em

i hear you, good point i can understand that but the other bs goes in 1 ear and out the other. its prop 19 time now....gonna chill out and smoke a phatty :mrgreen:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
thedoctorisin said:
Alright I get the lingo for sure, but one thing I hate and I dont know whether I should or not but when people see my 79 cutty and say "Oooh, thats a clean scraper"... Now when I think of a "scraper" I think of like that small bodied front drive cutlass and regal and cars like that... which are totally wack IMO compared to their rear drive bigger brothers. Am I wrong?

I was thinking though it would be nice to start a thread for people that would clearly define these terms so we can stop the confusion. Even if I'm wrong about the scrapers, The caprice lingo should be top of the list.

I had to chime in and give my 2 cents. plus a couple more.

I was under the impression that "scrapers" were late 80s early 90s 4 door gm cars like the buick lesabre, non g body cutlasses, deltas, 98s.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
ya im 18 years old and all my friends see my car and its not cool because its not wrx or something like thatand its 30 years old. the cars is good shape but they couldn't tell the difference from a horses *ss. they only think its cool once they hear it start up so whatever i take it all with a grain of salt, i do it for myself. whether your donkin it or whatever your style is, do it for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor