Exhaust System for Olds 307 Vin 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your link don't work. Couldn't upload pic for some reason but just Google 83 Hurst Olds and look at an engine pic. You should see the blue TVS sticking out of the front of the air cleaner. 84 and up Olds engines didn't use these as they went with a different setup.

I don't have a link for the hot air tube but remember you can always pick one up along with any other odds and ends at a boneyard.

DoubleV said:
Your link don't work. Couldn't upload pic for some reason but just Google 83 Hurst Olds and look at an engine pic. You should see the blue TVS sticking out of the front of the air cleaner. 84 and up Olds engines didn't use these as they went with a different setup.

I don't have a link for the hot air tube but remember you can always pick one up along with any other odds and ends at a boneyard.

To me it looks something like this? Do you know if this would be the correct part?

In the description on the AutoZone website it says "Ported vacuum switch is temperature controlled and directs vacuum flow to various components". I am sorry for all the questions... It is VERY difficult to find any information or part number online and you seem to know what you're talking about in regards to this stuff!

This is the image I referenced. It looks like this part has the same shape and ports. Does this have any other stuff connected to it? how does it mount to the air cleaner? Any relevant info would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 5958950234_5c1a07fa2a_z.jpg
    5958950234_5c1a07fa2a_z.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 344
Yes that looks like the right TVS. You'll have to refer to you emissions sticker for hookup as my car was different.

T.Wagner said:
kustomkyle said:
New replacement heat tube "should" be Dorman part#96022.

Thank you! 😀

You might want to double check but that should be the one. You could always just get a junkyard one as suggested but those things usually end up frayed and smashed.

kustomkyle said:
T.Wagner said:
kustomkyle said:
New replacement heat tube "should" be Dorman part#96022.

Thank you! 😀

You might want to double check but that should be the one. You could always just get a junkyard one as suggested but those things usually end up frayed and smashed.

I am going to the junkyard this weekend to see if I can dig up anything... I'll let you know what I find! This part should be on all 80's 307 cars? Even though the dual snorkel is limited to the H/O and 442? Also, will the tube still be by the passenger side manifold? Where is the TVS on a non-dual snorkel motor?

Thanks!

TVs on a non dual snorkel air cleaner will be in the same place. If you actually find one you can just get the whole snorkel for cheap but even that might get the smog police's panties in a wad because it only has one snorkel.

Heat riser can be gotton from any car with a 307. Keep in mind there is also a couple additional parts like the bracket the heat pipe goes to and a heat shield like piece too. You'll see it when you see it.

DoubleV said:
TVs on a non dual snorkel air cleaner will be in the same place. If you actually find one you can just get the whole snorkel for cheap but even that might get the smog police's panties in a wad because it only has one snorkel.

Heat riser can be gotton from any car with a 307. Keep in mind there is also a couple additional parts like the bracket the heat pipe goes to and a heat shield like piece too. You'll see it when you see it.

Ok, thanks for your help!

Oh my... :blam:

I have been under the impression that the flex tube went down to the PASSENGER side of the car from the SHORT snorkel... I just realized that it drops down from under the DRIVERS side and the LONG snorkel... I looked through a few pictures and totally saw it. Ay ay ay...

On that note, what exactly is the point of the short snorkel? Just to get a little more airflow? I don't understand why they wouldn't have routed that forward to try to get some more cold air into the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor