Factory Oil Pressure Switch... two prong?

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
just wait till you get to my age and you'll see how easy it is to get.......I forget what I was about to say....:cool:
already happenin. Runs in my family. I think CRS is beginning to be contagious as well as hereditary. :confused:

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got a new choke coil. Nothin. Choke still stays shut (or won't open fully, rather) and the choke/oil light is still on. I guess I have a bad sender then. It's a BWD S380 two prong, normally open, closes with 4psi. I have 50psi of oil pressure cold at idle, and the light is still on. I did test the sender (bench test) and it read infinite resistance, indicating it's normally open.
I pulled the under dash panel, looked at the fuse in the C/H spot, and the fuse is good. Got 12v there with the key in run. The only thing it could possibly be is a bad switch, which irritates me. You pay good money for a part and it ends up being a pos. It was only 8 bucks, but man that's annoying. And I have to buy the dumbass socket too because it's right behind the radiator hose and I am not going to drain the damn coolant every time I want to mess with that stupid ass sender.

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
How is the sender grounded, is it mounted at the oil port (hard brass T/block/elbow) or remote mounted feed by a soft copper line? I tried the soft copper remote & had signal issues. Made a brass hardware set up & it was working right. I was doing this to put both warning light & gauge senders out the same port. Can't hurt to try & its a cheap fix if it works.

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
How is the sender grounded, is it mounted at the oil port (hard brass T/block/elbow) or remote mounted feed by a soft copper line? I tried the soft copper remote & had signal issues. Made a brass hardware set up & it was working right. I was doing this to put both warning light & gauge senders out the same port. Can't hurt to try & its a cheap fix if it works.
Brass T block.
tee3.jpg