Factory Oil Pressure Switch... two prong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
just wait till you get to my age and you'll see how easy it is to get.......I forget what I was about to say....:cool:
already happenin. Runs in my family. I think CRS is beginning to be contagious as well as hereditary. :confused:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got a new choke coil. Nothin. Choke still stays shut (or won't open fully, rather) and the choke/oil light is still on. I guess I have a bad sender then. It's a BWD S380 two prong, normally open, closes with 4psi. I have 50psi of oil pressure cold at idle, and the light is still on. I did test the sender (bench test) and it read infinite resistance, indicating it's normally open.
I pulled the under dash panel, looked at the fuse in the C/H spot, and the fuse is good. Got 12v there with the key in run. The only thing it could possibly be is a bad switch, which irritates me. You pay good money for a part and it ends up being a pos. It was only 8 bucks, but man that's annoying. And I have to buy the dumbass socket too because it's right behind the radiator hose and I am not going to drain the damn coolant every time I want to mess with that stupid *ss sender.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
How is the sender grounded, is it mounted at the oil port (hard brass T/block/elbow) or remote mounted feed by a soft copper line? I tried the soft copper remote & had signal issues. Made a brass hardware set up & it was working right. I was doing this to put both warning light & gauge senders out the same port. Can't hurt to try & its a cheap fix if it works.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
How is the sender grounded, is it mounted at the oil port (hard brass T/block/elbow) or remote mounted feed by a soft copper line? I tried the soft copper remote & had signal issues. Made a brass hardware set up & it was working right. I was doing this to put both warning light & gauge senders out the same port. Can't hurt to try & its a cheap fix if it works.
Brass T block.
tee3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor