Fast Ez-EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Well I finally have my Fast Ez-EFI installed on my cutlass. It was a simple installation. I thought I didn't have to drop the tank to install a fuel return but I ended up having to. Luckily these cars its a simple task.

This is a really nice setup. The throttle response, idle quality and power greatly improved and the engine ran good to begin with. I starts up every time first hit of the key. Before I didnt have a choke and it would be a bear to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmKTLAd ... ture=share
Heres alittle video of my engine running with the setup on there.

If anyone ever puts one these on I am here to answer any questions. Just post them here or PM me.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
That is a sweet, clean setup, and Olds. Congrats to you.
I would love to be able to afford an EFI kit, but with the wife and 3 kids, don't see it happening.... :lol:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
hurst 1979 olds said:
Well I finally have my Fast Ez-EFI installed on my cutlass. It was a simple installation. I thought I didn't have to drop the tank to install a fuel return but I ended up having to. Luckily these cars its a simple task.

This is a really nice setup. The throttle response, idle quality and power greatly improved and the engine ran good to begin with. I starts up every time first hit of the key. Before I didnt have a choke and it would be a bear to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmKTLAd ... ture=share
Here's a little video of my engine running with the setup on there.

If anyone ever puts one these on I am here to answer any questions. Just post them here or PM me.

What was the total cost involved ,and where there any surprises or added parts needed ? I have been thinking about doing this with my Camino,so I can keep my cowl induction air cleaner. Also do you know if they have a set up for a spread bore manifold. Thanks TC.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
tc1959 said:
What was the total cost involved ,and where there any surprises or added parts needed ? I have been thinking about doing this with my Camino,so I can keep my cowl induction air cleaner. Also do you know if they have a set up for a spread bore manifold. Thanks TC.

Well the kit I bought came with fuel pump, lines, and regulator. Fast part number 30227-KIT. It didn't come with enough line. Luckily I had som extra line laying around, just needed to buy fittings. Also I didn't replace the sender because its only a couple years old and that probably would be something to replace if needed....My intake I have is actually a spread bore. Its a Holley single plane with a spread bore. Edelbrock sells a plate which is like 1/4" or so and its for putting a square bore carb on a spread bore. But I've just used the gasket without anything and it workes fine.....I get my parts for cost, but I think retail is around $2499 from Summit.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
hurst1979olds said:
tc1959 said:

Well the kit I bought came with fuel pump, lines, and regulator. Fast part number 30227-KIT. It didn't come with enough line. Luckily I had som extra line laying around, just needed to buy fittings. Also I didn't replace the sender because its only a couple years old and that probably would be something to replace if needed....My intake I have is actually a spread bore. Its a Holley single plane with a spread bore. Edelbrock sells a plate which is like 1/4" or so and its for putting a square bore carb on a spread bore. But I've just used the gasket without anything and it workes fine.....I get my parts for cost, but I think retail is around $2499 from Summit.
THX for the info. TC

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
I finally broke down and ordered the complete FAST EZ-EF #30227 Kit.(only $1929.88..Shipped to my door and a free T-shirt YEAH-LOL!! it wasn't a factor in the purchase..)
I'm pretty anxious to see this set up in person,.
My heart was set on a new 950 QuickFuel carb for the BBC, but then, I heard only good things about this EFI set up. One glitch was addressed about the (-) negative ground wire and seems to be resolved.
I know it's only rated for 600 hp, but with the the numbers that the Hot Rod article released, it may not be a bad idea to have the program perameters preset for the best of both worlds the performance angle and reduced agravation factor...
( As far as my cost factor for entire carb set up ? Carb (not purchased yet): Quick Fuel $800. (without jetting and custom set up $200) (Have and paid for the following)Carb Fuel pump: Aeromotive $150 Carb Fuel Filter and mount: Malory $110, Adj Fuel Pressure Regulatorw/ autometer gauge: Aeromotive ($100 used) Braided Fuel Line and fittings -6 an and -8 an: $120, Fuel pump relay wiring kit and switch $50.) The FAST kit came complete with some of the above stuff I could not use with the EFI conversion. Nice part.. No laptop required, no custom chips required, Step by step set up on an included hand held programer ..
Adapts to almost all /any 4150/Holley style manifold.

Article below if interested.. I know I wasn't really, until I read it.. Thank You FAST!! :D
http://hotrod.automotive.com/118926/hrdp-0912-efi-system-conversion/index.html

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Thats the same kit I have. It is a really nice setup. The throttle response of that thing is incredible. My vacuum even came up from 10-14. It even feels like it idles smoother. My car had power before but now its got even more. When I first punched it, the car was all over the road and withing seconds my speedo was pegged at 85....and i was in a 35 zone.
What kind of ignition system do you have? Make sure you got the black and red directly to the battery, They say you cant hook that up to solenoid or negative to block/frame.

If you have any questions about the system feel free to ask.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Please let me know the quality of this kit. I've had only one guy tell me bad things cause they said they put it on a 327 mid 60's vette and the throttle response was terrible and felt like they lost power. All of the other times, I've heard nothing but good things. Plan on getting one to put atop my 383 in my Roadrunner.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
patmckinneyracing said:
Please let me know the quality of this kit. I've had only one guy tell me bad things cause they said they put it on a 327 mid 60's vette and the throttle response was terrible and felt like they lost power. All of the other times, I've heard nothing but good things. Plan on getting one to put atop my 383 in my Roadrunner.

We use this setup at work all the time. We have put them on a mild Chevy 350 to a wild Ford 427w stroker. And have never had an issue with one.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
Damn for 3000 bucks I hope you get some good use out of that quick snap throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor