Status
Not open for further replies.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
custom442 said:
gk666 said:
Damn for 3000 bucks I hope you get some good use out of that quick snap throttle

im with gk, 2000-3000$ is way too much. Waaay to much (esp. for tbi). there's too many efi computers/harnesses in junkyards for me. Can plumb that intake for injector bosses and tune and done deal for 1000$.
I call BS

I just saw the article where they put it on a BBF. Buddy just picked up a 429 Thunderjet I passed the suggestion onto him but he wants to go the hard route and piece something together.

EFI vs Carb is no joke, its unreal how much more responsive it is, while sipping less gas

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Whats all involved with plumbing it into a pre elec fuel pump tank

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Id also like to know. The GN aftermarket tank isn't all that great

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
bluegrandbetsy said:
i was wondering cuz i couldnt find it anywhere can you install this on a v6 with a carb manifold or is it just for the v8?
i'm pretty sure it will as long as the v6 has an intake that will accept a 4 barrel carburetor.

mebe007 said:
Well my tank had 2 lines on the sender. One for the fuel to the carb. The other was for fuel vapors. All I did was drop the tank and from the bottom side of the sending unit I drilled out the tiny pin hole that was there for the fuel vapors. I used that line for my fuel return. I have a vented fuel cap and it was good to go.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Ok so that's the same as mine. Return/vent line on driverside? How does the pump get hooked up/ plumbed

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it looks real sweet...it says in one add the fuel mileage was significantly increased, what do you guys find in that area?.. if they were correct with the increased mpg it wouldn't take too long to pay for itself.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
hurst1979olds said:
bluegrandbetsy said:
i was wondering cuz i couldnt find it anywhere can you install this on a v6 with a carb manifold or is it just for the v8?
i'm pretty sure it will as long as the v6 has an intake that will accept a 4 barrel carburetor.

mebe007 said:
Well my tank had 2 lines on the sender. One for the fuel to the carb. The other was for fuel vapors. All I did was drop the tank and from the bottom side of the sending unit I drilled out the tiny pin hole that was there for the fuel vapors. I used that line for my fuel return. I have a vented fuel cap and it was good to go.
How is it filling up at the pump? I would think the way this is setup the pump would keep shutting off unless the nozzle isn't in all the way

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I haven't calculated the mileage yet. I will and will let you guys know. When I go for a cruise on the weekends I usually drive the same roads. I would burn about 1/4 tank before. Now I'm burning about 1/8 tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBgB-TPEcE
Heres a short video of me taking the car out last weekend.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Which kit did you use, the one with the online pump and line? Any pics of how you used the factory lines?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
hurst1979olds said:
I haven't calculated the mileage yet. I will and will let you guys know. When I go for a cruise on the weekends I usually drive the same roads. I would burn about 1/4 tank before. Now I'm burning about 1/8 tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBgB-TPEcE
Heres a short video of me taking the car out last weekend.

that's better fuel economy than what I read but it sure seems to be a no-brainer, more power with better fuel economy. The only question now is reliability and availability of replacement parts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor