May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Very cool setup :twisted: Sounds excellent as well :!:

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
gk666 said:
Damn for 3000 bucks I hope you get some good use out of that quick snap throttle

I mainly got it for the fuel economy. I read an article from Hot Rod that an engine got about 5mpg more. Without tuning it. Plus you can save different tunes. So you can drive to the track on an economy tune. They tweak the tune for power at the track then switch it back and save fuel on the way home. Its a really slick setup.

Thanks Ritter

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
hurst1979olds said:
Thats the same kit I have. It is a really nice setup. The throttle response of that thing is incredible. My vacuum even came up from 10-14. It even feels like it idles smoother. My car had power before but now its got even more. When I first punched it, the car was all over the road and withing seconds my speedo was pegged at 85....and i was in a 35 zone.
What kind of ignition system do you have? Make sure you got the black and red directly to the battery, They say you cant hook that up to solenoid or negative to block/frame.

If you have any questions about the system feel free to ask.

NIce!! That is another good user review.. I'm feeling pretty good about this purchase! I'm still in the building stages and found such a good price on this total kit.. I was afraid to pass it up.. $1929 complete, shipped to my door !! other place had the same for $2100-2300..that was without shipping.. No brainer on this one..

Thank You Sir!!

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Thats a really good price. What are you going to be building? Good luck with your build. Be sure to post pictures and videos. I still havent done that yet. I usually use the computer at work and pictures are on home computer. But if you have any questions feel free to ask.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
patmckinneyracing said:
Please let me know the quality of this kit. I've had only one guy tell me bad things cause they said they put it on a 327 mid 60's vette and the throttle response was terrible and felt like they lost power. All of the other times, I've heard nothing but good things. Plan on getting one to put atop my 383 in my Roadrunner.

Driveabilty wise, how can you beat it? If it was hooked up right, it should be no probs. I know there was a few technical items that were cleared up early on.. it needed a direct connection and ground to the battery, position and distance of O2 sensor. You set everything up step by step, question and answers on the hand held screen. Unless he was well over 600 HP with his combo.. I can't see it losing power... Anybody out there with losing power? There is an upgraded kit that needs a little more attention to detail.. Laptop set up.. but it explains that in the product information. This is the EZ-EFI one.. just a thought.. look at some of the links out there for this set up.. I don't think you will have a problem..

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
gk666 said:
Damn for 3000 bucks I hope you get some good use out of that quick snap throttle

Just to clear the price matter NOT $3000.... Mine was shipped to the door.. Complete with EFI pump conversion inside the kit.. $1929..
I found the dual quad style set up for $2400. (Supports up to 1000 hp). They are listed new all over the "Ebxx" website..

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
hurst1979olds said:
Thats a really good price. What are you going to be building? Good luck with your build. Be sure to post pictures and videos. I still havent done that yet. I usually use the computer at work and pictures are on home computer. But if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Bro... I am building a 454 BBC that is .060 over, My cam is pretty hefty.. almost .700 lift and my heads are Merlin that are port matched and polished to a Dart single plane intake that is hotjet coated. I am running an MSD ignition set up with Taylor 409's. I was initally worried about vaccuum with the cam. .. I bought a hydroboost brake system to keep my brake pedal happy.. I also bought a whole new after market wiring harness and replacing the body mounts.
TH400 rev valve body trans, 9 " rear, fuel cell, battery in the trunk,
Here is the issue I have now... A really good friend of mine wants me to back-half the regal.. He is GIVING me the skinnys and fattys.. along with the rims... On the condition that I tub it out... About $3500 in parts.. ( 33x 21.5 x 15 ) Don't know what to do...

This is not going to be a track car, just a hot street cruiser.. ?!?!?!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
gk666 said:

im with gk, 2000-3000$ is way too much. Waaay to much (esp. for tbi). there's too many efi computers/harnesses in junkyards for me. Can plumb that intake for injector bosses and tune and done deal for 1000$.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
custom442 said:
gk666 said:

im with gk, 2000-3000$ is way too much. Waaay to much (esp. for tbi). there's too many efi computers/harnesses in junkyards for me. Can plumb that intake for injector bosses and tune and done deal for 1000$.

I looked at the same thing.. but.. I was converting Carb to Fuel Injection.. That is about $300-600 off the bat for converting fuel system to 600 horsepower E.F.I. I already had a aeromotive carb fuel pump, carb regulator. Mallory fuel filters. so I was kinda going the big $$ route anyway.. I just didn't want to spend $400-500+ bucks to chase down gremlins.. by retuning and chipping a stock computer. There is always some agg factor in junkyard conversions , After all they will say, it a junkyard rebuild, can't expect too much.. The Fast EZ-EFI can be tuned in about 10 mins, and is self correcting in driving the vehicle around for about an hour or two. .. The new injectors would cost about $200 on sale for 8 @ 42-48lbs, Or $50 bucks used(leaking or hung up?) Fuel rails.. Throttle body used.. will it flow to 600 hp? The connectors will probably be okay from the junk yard.. but connector can get expensive. . New O2 sensor(s), time and patients spent repairing questionable wiring, getting all the relays, It adds up way too quick.. I know this from past experiences.. I was at close to $1000 into this fuel delivery system project alone.. That is not including the custom re-jetted and tuned carb from QuickFuel that I wanted for my combo.. I think it was pretty reasonable.. Im not building a 300 hp motor. obviously more power is more $$$. Either way I was going, It was going to cost me close to the same. I'm knocking your Idea.. I did junkyard conversions for a lot less also.. but I was alway aggravated when I had to get parts form the auto parts store... I would tell them the part numbers and they would tell me it is not compatible with my car.. I said I know... it's a custom install... stay off that damn computer and pull the part off the shelf... PLEASE.. That connector won't fit.. that can't be.. it won't work.. Now I can just call FAST for the parts and not get a bunch of crap from a person who won't listen to me behind the local parts store...

No buzz kill... just wanna give my version.. and that is why I thought it was great deal..

bluegrandbetsy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2009
i was wondering cuz i couldnt find it anywhere can you install this on a v6 with a carb manifold or is it just for the v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor