Favorite Memory in Your G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
Me and my best friend were out late one night riding around in my old Bonneville. I was running down one road at about 50 MPH when in view of the head light beams was a set of railroad tracks with steep inclines that sent me airborne for about the length of the car.

I was able to hit the brakes right before I hit them but I'll never forget that *SLAM* when the car landed back on the road. Thankfully I kept it under control. We pulled into the middle of a fork in the road so I could check the damage and the only thing we saw was the scrapes on the frame.

Then there was the time when myself and two other friends were heading up to Rome. They were an "item" - sort of anyway. Well nothing like driving down the road and look over into the right lane and see a pair of old women watching something going on in the back seat with such looks of disgust that I knew what was going on in the back seat without looking.

Ten minutes later the crank shaft sheared between the #1 and #2 pistons.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
That's easy, March 29, 1980, we brought our baby girl home from the hospital in our new 1980 Grand Am.
By the way, as we speak she is due to give birth to my second grandson any time now. 8)

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Randy_W said:
That's easy, March 29, 1980, we brought our baby girl home from the hospital in our new 1980 Grand Am.
By the way, as we speak she is due to give birth to my second grandson any time now. 8)

UMMM :roll: Them damn G body's were a chick magnets!... i got "some" for the very first time inmy 79 GP.... Thank god she didn't get pregnant!!! :lol: though it was a awesome memory. Hope my current GF doesn't read this :rofl:

HDFXR1991

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Summer of '89
Taking the spare tire out of the hole and putting the keg in there with ice. (Thank You GM for the drain hole.) Run the hose up to the front and hide it in the middle of the seat. Big plastic cups under the drivers seat. Go back in the trunk to look for stuff.... yeah right... go back and pump it up!
Best damn tasting beer at the drive-in.
Sold all kinds of it to the cars and trucks around me.
Ah the days of making real beer money on your own! 8)
Made enough for a new keg and a movie the next night.
And to take the GF out for a nice dinner too so we could do alittle bit of :shock: :twisted: later .....oh yeah!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think it had to be in the Malibu wagon when me and Crazy Pete were trailering the skiff out to Long Island on Sunrise Highway and a Mustang was bugging me the whole way. He kept getting in front of me and slowing down to 20 mph and giggling. Finally I had enough and I saw my chance to pull ahead so I floored it and that Pontiac 400 under the hood just screamed "OUTATHEWAY!" We flew past him like a rocket and he tried desperately to catch up but it was no use. Crazy Pete said "slow down a little and let him catch up- then take off", and as he slowly pulled up beside me Pete yelled at him, "That's right *******- we got a BOAT behind us and we're STILL faster than you!". And off we went, laughing the whole rest of the day.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
... you had me at "Crazy Pete", "the skiff", "Sunrise Highway", and "Mustang"
... as I read this, I thought... "hmmm, I know where this is going :mrgreen:

gbodyman1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2010
I've had a few memories in my gbodies, my 2nd 87 cutlass I was going to Pontiac,Mi. to see a friend of mine had a big speaker box in the back seat and my Rotty with me her fav spot was to lay on the box I stopped in to a store about 8p to get smokes and a coke well needless to say i left my car running box thumping windows down ,there was a couple shady charactors hanging out and I knew my car was safe with "baby" in the car .This ole boy thought he was gonna get a free ride,the clerk said "you need to go they going to take your car " I looked at him and said " I dont think so ,watch this" about the time that guy put his hand on the door my rotty stuck her head (which is as big as a basketball) out the window and the guy turned backed towards my car all he seen was teeth .The clerk and I laughed so hard,I thought he was gonna get sick,Needless to say that guy ran .I bet he'll think twice befopre he tries to steal another car with the window down . I also remember my 81 Pontiac Grand lemans 2dr It had a v6 buick from factory i installed a rebuilkt 350 chevy engine and trans swapped out the 60/40 split bench for buckets and console true duals (I should never of sold that car) a friend broke down I went with tow chain to drag his firebird back to my house we were cruising along and almost in mid intersection the light turns yellow and numbnuts slams on his brakes but I had just down shifted to 2nd and mashed the gas I drug that firebird thru the light with all 4 of his tires smoking needless to say that cop followed us to my house around the corner and asked what the hell that was all about,lmao I just said didnt have time to slow for the light . It helps to know your local PoPo,lol these are two of the favs

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
So far it's the day I picked my '88 Cutlass up. It was about an hour from home in the Texas Hill Country. My father, my oldest son Eddie, and I drove to Fredericksburg to pick it up.

Eddie and I drove home with the T-tops off, bright stars overhead, it was just a GREAT day!

Now if I can just get the 350 swapped in there I hope to make more memories like that!

-Mike

P9180874.jpg

P9180877.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor