Favorite Memory in Your G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
One from the malibu: Back when I was in highschool and the malibu still was a 6er. Couple of friends and I decided to head down to the firemans field days. It had been raining the whole week prior, we took the malbu down there, pulled in to park, I tell the guy directing traffic, I needed to park on high ground (that lot was empty at this point). He gave me a yeah right kid look, I explained that I would get stuck if I went to where he wanted me to, he brushed it off and told me to go to lower end you won't get stuck, so I said oooookkkkaaaayyy, lol.

I pull into the lower lot, make it about 25 feet, they motioned me to stop, when the told me to go again, the malibu was not having it, sure enough stuck, :roll: lol. So I kick my buddies out to help push, got the car moving again, for about 15 feet, then it sinks to axle. The firemen started getting pissed, one came over and tried giving me an earful, until I explained to him, I tried to park on the upper lot, but wasn't "allowed" to. He then says, when we get you moving again, keep on the gas, spin it around and get it out on high ground. Took a bit, but it finally started to climb out, it caught a little traction, no sooner I happened to glance in my rearview, just in time to see someone slip and eat sh*t, lol. I did as told hammered on the gas, spun a half doughnut, got the car back on dry land and reparked in the upper lot. I met back up with my friends (after thanking the guys for getting me out of there), and I see my friend, covered in mud, :rofl: , when he fell, he caught the full roost from the tires :lol: .

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
So Far To Date Will Have To Be My HS Graduation In 2008. Drove El Camino to graduation and me and my friends decided that when we left the parking lot we would smoke the tires in celebration. Well all my friends went first, after about 5 cars started lighting the tires up while leaving a cop showed up right about when it was my turn. i just looked at the cop and smiled and I smashed the gas and the little 307 SBC came to life and I sent the my El Camino sideways and left the cop in a tower of smoke. Was a great way to start the celebrations! Now That I Have A New 355 SBC I can't wait to make more memories this summer!

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
:lol: glad to hear people still do that, we did the same when I graduated, 5 cars/trucks line locked in their parking spots, lol.

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Haha Yeah People Still Do It, Just Cops Around My Area Will Pull You Over Faster Than A Fat Kid On Bacon If They Hear Or See You Light The Tires Up. It Is Hard For Kids To Have Fun Anymore Haha! I Can't Wait To Light The Tires Up On My Elky Once Again This Summer!

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
some of my favorite times have been leaning up against the front of my cutlass on cruise nights. just watching the cars go by and talking about old times and the dumb stuff we use to do. My most favorite time ever in the cutlass was the night that i got it. It was carcraft friday night, ON the way out of the lot a mustang driver was gining me crap about having a "grandma" car... I said " yah shes a crabby old grandma car". Mustang driver just laughs and we take off when the light turns green, he had a one wheel peel. my cutlass hooked right up, dropped as and went. the look on his face was priceless, never miss seing that Holy sh*t face :shock:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Another memorable time was when I bought my '85 SS back in '93. I was looking for a different car since my '72 Caprice looked a little beat. I didn't really like the new cars out at the time....Berettas....Corsicas....Luminas...etc and I didn't have new F-body money.

One weekend I was looking through the paper and saw the SS (at a Ford dealership no less). I thought to myself.....yeah I like those too. It was a summer afternoon when I went to check it out. I sat in it and loved how the car felt. It had 67K on it and fired right up as soon as you touched the key. To make it sweeter, the previous owner put real duals on the car already so it had a nice rumble. The dealership was next to a highway, so we took it for a spin, the a/c blew cold, and it got up to speed fairly nice.

The salesman let me take it home that night and I cruised the hell out of it. I finished up the paperwork the next day and the car was mine.

83cutlass350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2011
bushkill,PA
Oldsmoletick said:
:lol: glad to hear people still do that, we did the same when I graduated, 5 cars/trucks line locked in their parking spots, lol.
haha class of 2011 we did the same thing i was the only with a posi rear and a v8 tho good times lol :)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I have a few great memories. My earliest would be in about 1981 when my grandparents came to town for Christmas. There is a neighborhood in Portland called Candy Cane Lane that does an annual light display. Picture large houses with big red bows on BMWs and very well done lighting on perfect landscaping. My grandparents loaded my two younger cousins along with my brother and me into the car and we spent probably three hours in the traffic jam of gawkers that drove up and down the blocks. I remember we could barely see out the quarter windows but weren't allowed to put our feet on the seat to get a better view. Obviously, I didn't realize then that I would own that car 30 years later. Now I'm glad Grandpa kept the seats so clean.

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
85GPLef41 said:
Randy_W said:
That's easy, March 29, 1980, we brought our baby girl home from the hospital in our new 1980 Grand Am.
By the way, as we speak she is due to give birth to my second grandson any time now. 8)

UMMM :roll: Them damn G body's were a chick magnets!... i got "some" for the very first time inmy 79 GP.... Thank god she didn't get pregnant!!! :lol: though it was a awesome memory. Hope my current GF doesn't read this :rofl:

Heh, me too! Except mine was in the back seat of an '88 MCSS. Took two days of cleaning to get that smell off the steering wheel :wink:

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
zjchevy1 said:
85GPLef41 said:
Randy_W said:
That's easy, March 29, 1980, we brought our baby girl home from the hospital in our new 1980 Grand Am.
By the way, as we speak she is due to give birth to my second grandson any time now. 8)

UMMM :roll: Them damn G body's were a chick magnets!... i got "some" for the very first time inmy 79 GP.... Thank god she didn't get pregnant!!! :lol: though it was a awesome memory. Hope my current GF doesn't read this :rofl:

Heh, me too! Except mine was in the back seat of an '88 MCSS. Took two days of cleaning to get that smell off the steering wheel :wink:

Try being a tall guy in the back seat with a hefty lady. I'm just glad it was my Bonneville and I was able to open the doors. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor