Favorite Parts Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybyrd

n00b
Jun 1, 2011
So the question comes up at work yesterday. Who is the best parts place around your town? Corp, Local business or chain store thing, anyone you buy parts from and dig. My coworkers surprised me with there answers based on the fact that their choice was the one that comes out to install parts on the cars lol. How lazy can people be?

So, whos your favorite?

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I have my fav about two miles from my house, called midway performance. They are a big dealer for predator cams,have friendly and very, very knowledgable staff there and have a full engine dyno facility and shop. They sell leaded race gas there and thats where I go to get my 110 octane for the cutlass. If they dont stock the part your looking for they can order it and have it in quick for you as well. I can always hear them dynoing a motor there, even in my house with the a/c on. 8)

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Performance Automotive. Machine shop, replacement parts, decent selection of hot rod parts,they fill nitrous tanks and I use to work there so deals come pretty easy. :twisted:

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
I had one place here in St Louis right up the street from my house called "Matt Johnsons Performance" but it shutdown a week or two ago after like 20-30 years.Now the closest place is "PUR Performance" and its about 20 miles away from me.So mainly I order stuff from Jegs or what ever I can get at O Reilys

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

85CutlassSalonRyder

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2011
Dallas,Texas
CHRIS.O said:
Performance Automotive. Machine shop, replacement parts, decent selection of hot rod parts,they fill nitrous tanks and I use to work there so deals come pretty easy. :twisted:
Ironically enough, that's the name of the shop here in Dallas also, and from your description it the exact same! :( minus me working there :( I wish like hell I worked there!

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Ya I do not know exactly how they are set up. My boss owned 2 of them. There were also 2 more that I knew of in southern michigan, one in Jackson about 30min away from the 2 i worked out of and one in Tecumseh about 90min away from the 2 I worked out of. As far as I know they are all privately owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor