Fuel Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I would try to use something like an old antenna to see is the wire isn't sitting on top of the tank.
Could there be the possibility that the fuel gauge sender doesn't exist after the fuel system upgrades? I just figured that I'd float that idea out there..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Could there be the possibility that the fuel gauge sender doesn't exist after the fuel system upgrades? I just figured that I'd float that idea out there..

the sender and pick up are incorporated into one unit but anything is possible

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
True but why wouldn't the sender be connected to the wire in the harness? Just seemed sort of strange that it is unconnected..
Because someone was lazy and used it for the electric pump....
In theory, a test light to ground should move the gauge toward empty with the key on.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Because someone was lazy and used it for the electric pump....
In theory, a test light to ground should move the gauge toward empty with the key on.
Ah, I haven't drank my coffee yet today.

Probably the case but that wire is only something like a 16 gauge wire. I'm thinking that a larger wire would be better for fuel pump. Also the other fact is that not having a working fuel gauge would suck in my opinion, so I would have run another wire for that fact also.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Yeah hard to say the gauge never moves it stays over full. Guess only way is to remove tank and look at it

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Yeah ill do it sometime next week im going to get it tuned this weekend

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you do end up needing a new sender there is two versions, one with the feed, vent and return and the other without the return. I got the 3 line even though I do not need the return but if I every go with some kind of fuel injection I won't have to buy another sender. For now I have the return line fitting plugged

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor