Fuel line help

Status
Not open for further replies.

etsanchez82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2010
San Antonio
Ok I feel like I have spent a good amount of time searching on this topic, to no avail... I am trying to piece my monte back together but need to address a minor problem (pft minor my A double ss). Looks like I need to replace everything from the tank to the carb. Tank was sitting for six years with half a tank of gas, gas is broken down and now resembles oil more so than gas. Fuel lines look rusted out. On to the question...is there a semi simple way (notice the semi) to replace the fuel lines. I have been told to use Russells twist lok hose from the tank to carb. This seems easy enough, however, I feel that if I take this route I will be rolling the dice to encounter a catastrophe later down the road. I have thought of having new lines bent but this looks near impossible to replace with the body on the frame.

I will be running an electric pump and will be using a bypass regulator, yes I realize its not needed but I have heard more pros than cons in having a return line. Also I would like to utilize the evap line but will live without this one, I guess a vented cap would solve that?

Anyways any help would be much appreciated.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
dark_night383 said:
try finelinesinc.com they make fuel lines in stainless.

ingersoll113

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 25, 2010
I would dump the old gas and run the lines you have. Unless the car has been parked next to the ocean and catchinh high tide every day, your lines will not be rusted out. Just because they look ugly, doesn't nescessarily mean they are shot.
I would put a big in line filter in the system and change it after 3 or 4 hundred miles. You should be fine.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
all rubber line is not a bad way to do it. make sure you get the good hose however. it has a thicker wall, and has a fiber reinforcement as a mid layer. so it's good against rock strikes. however rubber can be bad near the engine. it can transfer too much heat to the fuel, so a reflective wrapping or a short length of steel line may be better.
or, if you want to stick with steel, get a roll of 3/8 from summit. they have one that's powder coated. and the tubing rolls are a touch softer and bend easier, so getting through the frame should be a touch easier.
as for the evap line, if it's not broken, i'd leave it. hook it up though--it doesn't cost any power and it's safer.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Inlinetube.com makes factory fuel lines. You can get them in stainless if you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor