G bodies in the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think it would be great if next month could be dedicated for those who drive their G bodies in the winter.....and I mean those who live in areas that have a winter... :)

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
pontiacgp said:
I think it would be great if next month could be dedicated for those who drive their G bodies in the winter.....and I mean those who live in areas that have a winter... :)
I would be scared to drive mine in the winter here in Minnesota. That dam chemical the put on the roads is worst then the salt they used to use. No mater how many times you wash your car it will never stop it from rusting out. Therefore mine will be garaged every winter.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I used to drive mine all year round and actually drove 3 different G-bodies through Midwest winters. My current Regal will never see winter roads(salt) again. I have spent too many years and too much $$$ to do that to my car again.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I put my GP in storage every winter... Mag chloride sucks *ss, along with the redman/salt mixture they lay down! I wash my dd after every snowstorm.... :|

Nov 4, 2012
Living in Southwestern Pennsylvania, in the heart of the rust belt, snowy salty winters are no stranger to us in Pittsburgh. While my car isn't driven unless its 85 degrees and sunny, my buddy drives his 1978 Monte Carlo all through the winter. He already replaced the rear frame rails in the Monte. The body of the car is all right, but not bad. Door bottoms are rusted, and it's starting to rust behind the rear wheels. Nonetheless, it's a nice car and a boss in the snow.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I know bonewagon drives his wagon every winter and he uses his car for everything, from beer runs to hauling his boat. It'd be nice for those who do drive it in the winter to get some recognition.

Nov 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
I know bonewagon drives his wagon every winter and he uses his car for everything, from beer runs to hauling his boat. It'd be nice for those who do drive it in the winter to get some recognition.

I agree. I'd like to see some (for lack of a better word) "winter beater" Gs. Kudos to bonnewagon for driving that wagon all year.

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
I drive my car during the winter only cause I put so much money into that car instead of buying a winter beater lol

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I always drove mine last wagon (bu) in the winter. My current build is an everyday driver also, winter/rain/etc.

Not too many guys are driving their stuff everyday, all year round.

79cutlasssalon442

Master Mechanic
Jan 25, 2012
I live right in the finger lakes of New York. I drive my 79 olds salon all year round. Hasn't rusted yet. Frame actually looks real good to be honest. Gets a little squirrely in the snow. And good thing i have the new posi. Some spots i probably shouldn't have gotten out of i have..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor