G-body of the month for April '78-'80

Status
Not open for further replies.
speedkills80 said:
I took some new pics and thought I would enter this months topic 78-80

My submission is a 1980 Malibu Classic 396 4 speed 12 bolt posi 3:31. Roller cam, lifters, and rocker arms. M - 21 with a lakewood bellhousing. A/C delete, factory bucket seats without console.

Here are my pictures.

topdog029.jpg

topdog023.jpg

topdog025.jpg

topdog012.jpg

topdog015.jpg

topdog017.jpg

topdog013.jpg

topdog014.jpg

topdog026.jpg

Well I guess I am out...I have never had mine in a show before. Hopefully this summer it will make it's debut!!! :mrgreen:

speedkills80 said:
speedkills80 said:
I took some new pics and thought I would enter this months topic 78-80

My submission is a 1980 Malibu Classic 396 4 speed 12 bolt posi 3:31. Roller cam, lifters, and rocker arms. M - 21 with a lakewood bellhousing. A/C delete, factory bucket seats without console.

Here are my pictures.

topdog029.jpg

topdog023.jpg

topdog025.jpg

topdog012.jpg

topdog015.jpg

topdog017.jpg

topdog013.jpg

topdog014.jpg

topdog026.jpg

Well I guess I am out...I have never had mine in a show before. Hopefully this summer it will make it's debut!!! :mrgreen:

Very nice, what a sleeper.

Guys sorry but speedkills80's malibu wins. every one knows me im a big malibu fan and i love the whole sleeper thing hes got goin. looks almost stock on the outside but that power house of a big block under the hood i love that

jacobdavis1979 said:
Guys sorry but speedkills80's malibu wins. every one knows me im a big malibu fan and i love the whole sleeper thing hes got goin. looks almost stock on the outside but that power house of a big block under the hood i love that

Thanks Jacob...your $10 is in the mail..LOL Just kiddin. But thanks!!

speedkills80 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

no problem man i love that car. a sleeper is originally what i wanted to do with mine but with all the decals in the windows and the flat black paint job its kinda hard to not get noticed on the road lol

jacobdavis1979 said:
speedkills80 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

no problem man i love that car. a sleeper is originally what i wanted to do with mine but with all the decals in the windows and the flat black paint job its kinda hard to not get noticed on the road lol

I think you can still do a sleeper look..just get those stickers off and get a set of tamer rims and you'll be close. Of course the flat black looks kinda mean too!!!

haha well im happy with it i love mileybu to death i love pretty much everything about her the paint the wheels the motor i love when people ask about it at cruise night and car shows. she is 100 percent my dream car budd lol and that she can pass anything....... but a gas station

jacobdavis1979 said:
haha well im happy with it i love mileybu to death i love pretty much everything about her the paint the wheels the motor i love when people ask about it at cruise night and car shows. she is 100 percent my dream car budd lol and that she can pass anything....... but a gas station

what kind of rear end is in her? and what gears are you running?

speedkills80 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

what kind of rear end is in her? and what gears are you running?

high geared junk. 10 bolt 2.58 or 2.62 i dont remember. it helps with the gas milage but my power dont kick in till about 2000 rpm. and it gets annoying cuz my cams power band starts around 3000 thats why i put in the 3000 stall converter to help me off the line which makes a huge diffrence in take off when i use it but the rear end is still to high geared i want somthin in the 3.08 to 3.48 range

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor