G-Body The Story of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
anakputa-That is one sweet 79 you have! I love this body style more now than then because it is not seen as often as the 81 and up. I hope to have mine up and going with the Olds 350 this spring, then it is on to start other mods. These cars are a part of Americana whether people like it or not.

BlackBetty

Apprentice
Dec 9, 2010
AMEN! Nobody has respect for the hard work of our ancestrs. Back then everything we bought in america was made in america now you cant buy anything without seeing a tag that reads "made in taiwan". Weknew what we were doing back then now were just lost in greed and profit

upandaway84

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2011
Michigan
BlackBetty said:
AMEN! Nobody has respect for the hard work of our ancestrs. Back then everything we bought in america was made in america now you cant buy anything without seeing a tag that reads "made in taiwan". Weknew what we were doing back then now were just lost in greed and profit

Ya you could see the craftsmanship put into the cars of the past. Now everything is about quantity not quality.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Actually, made in Taiwan is not bad quality since we gave them our technology to show that Capitalism can work in Asia. It's the made in China crap that is usually STOLEN and copied to sell for pennies on the dollar. Even Japan is hurting as they made good stuff cheaper than us but China stole their products too. Don't kid yourself, we make good stuff here at home, but it is expensive. If you press that neighbor/co-worker on exactly WHY they bought a foreign car it always comes down to the fact that they can't AFFORD a new American car, or don't want to skimp on other things to afford one. Unfortunatly the general public has been seduced into expecting rock bottom prices on everything from cars to dog leashes. Thus the quality suffers but stupid people don't even notice. I go out of my way to buy American just so I can buy it ONCE and expect it to last. Case in point- NOS and used/servicable made-in-USA Penn fishing reels are going for more money than brand new made-in-China same model reels on Ebay. And the top-of-the-line $1,000 reels are made in USA. Yes, my G-body wagon is old, but it's all American, and suits my purposes better than an expensive cookie-cutter SUV that screams soccer mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor